Lockheed Martin Weapon Systems Engineering Manager in Huntsville, Alabama
Description: As we enter a new era of Strategic Weapon Systems, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our outstanding men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, craft and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to think big, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus - if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
When enemies attack, governments need be ready to defend their soldiers, citizens and infrastructure. That’s where THAAD comes in – it's one of the most sophisticated missile defense systems in the world and is ready to take on the challenge.
You can learn more about THAAD by visiting this link.
As the Weapon System Engineering (WSE) Analysis Manager for the THAAD team, you will directly help establish the technical system design solution for new capability added to the THAAD system. In this role you will:
• Lead the WSE analysis group to include technical direction, planning and staffing
• Perform System level assessment in support of design updates
• Lead system performance technical interchange meetings (TIMs)
• Lead investigation/resolution of Ground Test findings
• Define scenario environmental conditions (wake, plume, debris)
• Perform System Integration Lab (SIL) / End-to-End Simulation (ETESIM) comparative analysis
• Lead flight test analysis (mission planning, pre-flight predictions, post-mission analysis)
• Perform requirement, Specification Change Notice (SCN), and verification analysis
• Provide recommendations to proposals for the WSE analysis group
• Lead and support model base system engineering initiatives with respect to analysis applications
• Maintain WSE labs
Learn more about Huntsville, AL
The successful candidate typically has 14+ years of professional experience and a bachelor's degree.
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering or closely related field, or a combination of relevant experience/education
• Systems engineering process knowledge
• Demonstrated program management
• Experience in leading analysis groups, performance system level analysis
• Active DOD Secret clearance
• Experience with the THAAD program or other related programs (Aegis, Patriot, etc.)
• Experience with Lockheed Martin system engineering processes
• Knowledge of program management, finance, contracts, Earned Value Management (EVM) and demonstrated business insight
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin cultivates an inclusive work environment that inspires differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 499,500 in 2019. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Medical, Dental, Vision
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs