HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Registered Nurse - CV Prep & Recover PRN in Independence, Missouri
Are you passionate about delivering superior, patient-centered care? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a CV Prep & Recover RN today with Centerpoint Medical Center .
At CPMC, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:o Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs o Paid Personal Leave o 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service) o Identity Theft Protection discounts o Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options o Adoption Assistance o Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Registered Nurse like you to be a part of our team.
The Life of an HCA Nurse
About this unit:
- 10 Bed Pre and Post Recovery CV Patients
- Very Hands on with patient until they go back for procedure - Patient Call / Patient Education, Prep and take same Patient on Post
- 8 to 14 Patients a day; Procedures done in the Cath Lab range from but not limited to diagnostic heart caths, interventional heart caths, TAVR, TMVR, watchman and cardiomems.
- Strong cohesive unit with experience. Dedicated to training and development for future career paths
- STEMI Center to support Eastern Jackson County
- Provides direct patient care to the adult patient population.
- Prepares patient for and recovers patient after cardiovascular and radiology diagnostic and interventional procedures performed in the CV Lab, administers medications and performs procedural documentation for all patients while in the CV Prep and Recovery unit, administers conscious sedation to patients undergoing transesophageal echo procedures and monitors patients undergoing cardiac stress tests, tilt table tests and cardioversions.
- Addresses the psychosocial, physical and general aspects of care related to the procedure preparation and recovery environment.
- Communicates with the physician and patient family as needed about patient condition.
- Assists with the maintenance of equipment and inventory.
Participates in departmental performance improvement and continuous quality improvement (CQI) activities.
Graduate from a school of nursing
- Must hold a current RN license from the Missouri Board of Nursing.
- BLS and ACLS required.
- CCRN credential preferred upon hire, strongly encouraged within 24 months of hire.
1-2 years of previous catheterization lab, EP lab, CV Prep & Recovery unit or ICU / ER experience
The Centerpoint hospital features 285 beds, state-of-the-art equipment and technology, and some of the latest clinical services available to patients. Along with our high-tech services, we also remain focused on providing compassionate care and the best possible customer service for our patients. The award-winning Independence hospital has the area's most-awarded heart program . And with the ER Rapid Care, you receive a level of care completely tailored to the optimal experience for adults or children who are less sick and deserve rapid attention to their illness. And whether you’re embracing motherhood, seeking treatment for illness or maintaining wellness, our women's services are, too, tailored around you.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a/World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere/since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
/ We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. /
Job: *Nursing - Professional
Title: Registered Nurse - CV Prep & Recover PRN
Location: Missouri-Independence-Centerpoint Medical Center
Requisition ID: 09726-66618