Cardinal Health Director, Business Development-Regulatory Sciences in Iowa
For nearly five decades, our industry-trained regulatory consultants have provided expertise and guidance to help pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies get their products to market. Our regulatory and product development strategies are designed to reduce the risk of failure and increase financial returns. We provide efficient scientific and regulatory consulting services throughout the full product lifecycle from molecular discovery to FDA approval & full commercialization to product retirement and generic intrusion. Cardinal Health Regulatory Sciences ensures the continued success of obtaining an approval in the fastest possible time at the most cost-effective price point creating a foundation for your brand for post-approval success in obtaining the greatest market share possible.
The Business Development Sales Professional at Cardinal Health Regulatory Sciences is a highly sophisticated position that will generate and drive new business opportunities within a myriad of markets. This Business Development Sales Director is responsible for driving sales and services to new and existing customers, maximizing customer value and satisfaction and enhancing the customer buying experience by aligning complex product solutions and services with key customer initiatives. Due to the complex nature of the industry, it is critical this leader has successful experience being a highly consultative sales professional in a scientific arena navigating complex and long sales cycles in a highly regulated environment. The primary responsibility is to be “driven” and “a hunter” to uncover opportunity, access inaccessible key decision makers, get Cardinal to the table, scheduling appointments and building relationships all leading to a close and successful mutually beneficial engagement with the customer.
The business is a full life-cycle consulting firm comprised of 250+ full-time scientific and regulatory experts who provide consulting services in a myriad of capacities, including:
- Global Regulatory Strategy Development
- Global Regulatory Affairs
- Chemistry Manufacturing and Controls Development
- Nonclinical Development and Consulting
- Clinical Development and Research
- Medical Writing
- Regulatory Publishing
- Dossier Services
- Submission Authoring & Filing
Quality Review Standards
Drug, Biologic (IV, Injectable) and Medical Device Development
- Regulatory Outsourcing
- Pharmaceutical Compliance
- Medical Affairs
- Product Lifecycle Management
- Initial Molecular Discovery
- Investigational New Drug Application
- Label Expansion
- State Licensing
- Regulatory Training & Ongoing Support
- Salvage Services
Cardinal Health Regulatory Science has a diverse portfolio of projects spanning large, publicly traded organizations to venture/private equity backed drug and medical device entities across a range of therapeutic categories and formulation varieties. Within the business, strategic growth is organized into three primary channels: regulatory strategy and consulting , medical writing and medical publishing .
Regulatory Sciences is a division of Specialty Solutions within Cardinal Health’s Pharmaceutical Segment. This position reports to the General Manager and is a remote, field-based position.
- Grow top line and bottom line sales and revenue
- Understand territory target client prospects and current accounts; develop a strategy in partnership with the sales team and leadership to grow both
- Cross pollinate clients with other Cardinal Health Specialty Solutions products and service lines and make appropriate introductions
- Support efforts to develop and introduce new product and service categories/offerings
- Maintain and continually learn the firm’s service offerings to better position and add incremental value
- Utilize comprehensive business and market data for multiple and or complex categories to identify expansion opportunities
- Develop a national accounts strategy; identify national accounts and execute on the strategy
- Negotiate complex RFPs and contract proposals
- Independently define projects, establish budgets and identify participants; take appropriate risk to grow top and bottom line revenues
- Consult with management, when needed
- Understand long-term project objectives and work collaboratively with internal operations and strategy teams to define project scope, pricing and to operationalize
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field required, graduate degree preferred
- 10+ years of specific healthcare service provider sales experience required
- Relationships calling on Pharma, Biotech and Medical Device/Medical Diagnostics
- Regulatory experience is highly preferred
A Covid-19 vaccination is required in order to be employed in this position. This includes either:
2 doses of the Moderna or Pfizer vaccine
- 1 dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine
Cardinal Health supports an inclusive workplace that values diversity of thought, experience and background. We celebrate the power of our differences to create better solutions for our customers by ensuring employees can be their authentic selves each day. Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
To read and review this privacy notice click here (https://www.cardinalhealth.com/content/dam/corp/email/documents/corp/cardinal-health-online-application-privacy-policy.pdf)
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
- Cardinal Health Jobs