HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Medical Technologist (Part Time) in Irving, Texas
Medical Technologist Part Time - every other weekend 6:00 a.m. - 6:30 p.m. plus 1 weekday
Do you have the career opportunities you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation's largest provider of healthcare services as a Medical Technologist.
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, student loan repayment, employee discount program, and employee stock purchase program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Seeking a*Medical Technologist *for our practice who provides clinical expertise to ensure all patients receive high quality, efficient care. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply now.
The Medical Technologist's responsibilities include: * Job knowledge: Accurately performs testing according to established laboratory policies and procedures. Recognizes deviation from expected results; evaluates results for discrepancies and feasibility, analyzes and corrects problems according to procedure. Recognizes critical results and correctly documents notification to appropriate personnel.
- Quality Orientation: Performs all quality control procedures to ensure validity of test results. Evaluates, documents, and troubleshoots quality control according to lab protocols.
- Instrumentation: Performs instrument startup and shutdown and all maintenance procedures and calibrations. Evaluates function checks and calibration results and performs corrective action.
- Productivity: Ensures smooth workflow in all areas of the laboratory. Meets expectations for TAT and pending list review. Coordinates daily tasks to achieve maximum productivity and efficiency during the assigned shift.
Performance Improvement Activities: Serves on committees and task forces. Orients and instructs students and laboratory personnel in established clinical laboratory techniques.
- Medical Technologist NCA, ASCP, HEW or AMT certification (or registry eligible and must obtain within one year of hire).
- 1 year general lab experience or equivalent clinical laboratory training program
- Blood Bank experience required
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our practice managers. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
Medical City Las Colinas, built in 1997, is a 100 bed full service, acute-care facility offering a wide range of services to the community and families we serve. At Medical City Las Colinas, you'll find that caring extends to both our patients and our people. We are committed to each other because when we join together, our patients are cared for in the safest and most compassionate way. Are you looking for an employer with many different career options and a people-focused culture? You’ve come to the right place.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Title: Medical Technologist (Part Time)
Location: Texas-Irving-Medical City Las Colinas
Requisition ID: 06742-140194