HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Medical Technologist PRN in Jacksonville, Florida
We are seeking a hospital-based Medical Technologist like you to join our organization.
Now celebrating 50 years, Memorial Hospital has been a leader in providing quality healthcare to Northeast Florida. Memorial Hospital is a 454-bed acute care hospital offering a full line of services, including 24-hour emergency care at three different locations. We feature an accredited Chest Pain Center, Level II Trauma Center, certified Stroke Center, dedicated Heart Center, Bone and Joint Center, and Memorial’s maternity center, Special Beginnings.
Perform accurate and timely laboratory testing
Analyze proficiency testing samples according to instructions and complete within the allowable time frame
- Complete all required records/documentation pertaining to patient results
- Perform stat procedures within established turnaround time targets
- Demonstrate the ability to use good judgment and independent thinking in the correlation and interpretation of patient results. (Including performing delta checks, etc.)
- Review pending logs (OSR) and result logs; resolve any outstanding workload or communicate to staff relief
- Perform quality control procedures per protocol
- Monitor quality control results
- Take pertinent corrective action when the patient, control, standard, calibration and/or proficiency results are not within appropriate guidelines
- Perform equipment troubleshooting to resolve basic equipment malfunctions
- Assist in monitoring reagents and supply inventories and utilize them appropriately
Handle all problem and/or critical laboratory specimens/test results according to established procedures and in a timely manner
You Should Have:
- A 2-Year/Associate Degree in Science is required
- A 4-Year/Bachelor Degree in Medical Technology is preferred
- A State of Florida Technologist License OR the ability to obtain a license during the interview process
- ASCP or similar certification is very helpful
- 1-3 years of previous experience in clinical laboratory setting
- Ability to work during disasters
IRL is a member of the nation’s leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare. HCA Healthcare Ranks on Fortune’s list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years. In addition, we have also been named one of Ethisphere’s World’s Most Ethical Companies.
- * If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply today. We promptly review all applications, and are actively interviewing. We are very excited to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Title: Medical Technologist PRN
Location: Florida-Jacksonville-Memorial Hospital of Jacksonville
Requisition ID: 23437-10022