HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Pharmacy Technician II PRN in Jacksonville, Florida
Are you currently working with a healthcare provider with a culture and work life balance you are looking for? Would you be interested being a part of an organization recognized asWorld’s Most Admired CompanybyFortune Magazinethat would allow you to focus on your chosen specialty areas with the geographic flexibility of 250 locations across the U.S. and England? HCA provides that along with annually dedicating 30,000 volunteer hours and millions of dollars to the communities we serve.HCA at a glance.
_A few of the benefits we provide you:_ * Tuition Reimbursement and Student Loan Forgiveness Programs * 401k (3%-9% match based on tenure) * Employee Stock Purchase Plan * Full Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance * Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts * Hundreds of consumer discounts * Financial Fitness Program with a Certified Financial Planner For over 45 years,Memorial Hospitalhas been a leader in providing quality healthcare to Northeast Florida. Memorial Hospital is a 418-bed acute care hospital located less than 20 miles from the beaches of Jacksonville and offering a full line of services, including 24-hour emergency care at three different locations. We feature an accredited Chest Pain Center, certified Stroke Center, dedicated Heart Center, Bone and Joint Center, and Memorial’s maternity center, Special Beginnings.
Under the direct supervision of the staff Pharmacist thePharmacy Technician, process, compound and prepare medications upon receiving medication orders from physicians or other qualified practitioners; fill and deliver drug requisitions received from patient care areas; repackage medications, conduct patient billing; restocking and ordering supplies; assist in the delivery of medication to patient care areas; and assist the Pharmacist in other operation duties as needed.
- Assist Pharmacist in dispensing of doses following department guidelines.
- Records drugs which need to be reordered.
- Demonstrates accuracy in filling initial orders and IV’s
- Purchases and/or receives drugs following department guidelines.
- Compounds parenterol admixture using asceptic technique.
- Correctly places pharmacy generated form in patient's chart.
- Delivers stats and picks up orders as needed.
- Makes rounds in a timely manner.
- Accurately refills automated drug distribution cabinets.
- Maintains inventory in a neat and organized fashion.
- Assists in putting away returned medications on a daily basis.
- Packages/Bar-Codes medications following department guidelines.
- Restock and transport code 5 carts following department guidelines.
EDUCATION: * A High School Diploma is required LICENSE/CERTIFICATION: * An active State of Florida Registered Pharmacy Technician is required * A PTCB Certified Pharmacy Technician is preferred EXPERIENCE: * 3 years Pharmacy Tech experience is required
Job: *Pharmacy & Pharmacy Tech
Title: Pharmacy Technician II PRN
Location: Florida-Jacksonville-Memorial Hospital of Jacksonville
Requisition ID: 02525-13946