Lockheed Martin Instrumentation Engineer in Jupiter, Florida
Description: The Flight Test Instrumentation group is seeking qualified candidates with subject matter expertise in designing and managing data acquisition and measurement systems to collect data in accordance with flight test program needs.
Responsibilities will span the design, build, installation, maintenance, and upgrades to airborne data acquisition systems on rotor wing aircrafts.
The successful candidate will also work on engineering projects containing critical problems, the solution of which requires major technological advances and extensive related development.
Duties and responsibilities include:
• Conceive, plan, develop, coordinate, and direct Flight Test Instrumentation activities on projects.
• Represent the department in meetings, flight briefings, and with internal and external customers.
• Work in a team environment to help solve complex engineering problems.
• Select test equipment that satisfies measurement and environmental requirements.
• Provide technical guidance and training to engineers, technicians, and customers.
• Actively develop improvements in standard practices to ensure quality and efficiency.
• Maintain a current knowledge of advances in data acquisition technology and recommend innovations to improve the quality, economy, and effectiveness of flight test instrumentation systems.
• Support the specification and development of new data systems.
• Generate and maintain data configuration files in a measurement database.
• Provide aircraft test operational support by directing on-board calibrations, data system operation, and troubleshooting.
• Supervise and maintain instrumentation equipment configuration control on test aircraft.
Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field is required with a 9 years of experience OR masters degree in engineering with 7 years of professional experience.
• In depth knowledge of airborne data acquisition and record systems required.
• In depth knowledge of sensors and airborne test systems used in the support of flight test.
• Knowledge of test methods and lab procedures is required
• Knowledge of Mil Standards, Digital Busses architecture (ARINC, 1553) is required
• Strong computer skills: MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Project is required
• In depth knowledge of airborne telemetry systems is highly desired.
• Experience using relational data base with some programming skills, SQL, VB, C++, .NET is desired
• Working knowledge of EVMS / Control Account Management is desired
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs