Weyerhaeuser Maintenance Supervisor - Kalispell Lumber in Kalispell, Montana
Weyerhaeuser’s Kalispell Lumberfacility has an opportunity for aMaintenance Supervisor.The successful candidate will have strong leadership and technical capabilities and the ability to grow and develop as a future leader. This position will help to develop leadership safety, reliability and operational excellence, while coordinating and maintaining operational/implementation schedules and supporting the business to ensure continuous process improvement.
As a Maintenance Supervisor at Kalispell Lumber, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Support Kalispell Lumber by maximizing equipment reliability and providing support for facility equipment in a safe manner, by effectively managing/motivating a team of millwrights/filers/electricians to meet operational excellence and reliability goals.
- Work closely with mill management, supervisors, operators, maintenance and production teams to effectively manage maintenance of the facility and equipment.
- Manage a team of millwrights/filers/electricians to maximize operation of the maintenance shop, through coordination of schedules, special projects, daily work orders and preventative maintenance schedules, while providing training/mentoring. Be responsible for safety, quality, production, and scheduling of all millwright/filers/electricians.
- Work with millwrights/filers/electricians to meet maintenance standards and keep lines of communication open between millwrights, filers, electricians, management, and production.
- Complete required paperwork utilizing preventative maintenance software program associated with repairing equipment, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times. Account for time and attendance.
- Build project management timelines; including presentations for management. Provide technical expertise to assist millwrights/filers/electricians to deliver preventative and routine maintenance on plant equipment, troubleshoot and repair complex electrical and mechanical problems and work on capital projects including upgrading and installation of equipment.
- Conduct team meetings and create individual development plans to train and coach direct reports.
- Communicate and coordinate with outside vendors associated with providing goods and services.
- Read and interpret blueprints, schematics; coordinate the construction and fabrication of mill equipment.
- Manage employees’ performance and provide discipline/documentation as necessary.
(When necessary, the Maintenance Supervisor will assist with maintenance tasks.)
- Associate’s Degree in Industrial Maintenance or equivalent education OR Journeyman Millwright OR minimum of five (5) years of experience as Millwright required
- High School Diploma or GED required
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience in leading projects, compiling bill of materials, and defining project budgets required
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience as a lead or supervisor is required
- Prefer experience in lumber manufacturing environment.
- Required Skills
- Computer proficiency including Outlook, Office, Excel, Word, and Web-based programs required (Proficiency with SAP preferred, but not required)
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to be flexible to change and constant interruptions
- Effective communication, interpersonal, and time management skills
- Ability to work independently and to be self-motivated
- Work closely with management team and anticipate production/maintenance needs
- Must be willing to work overtime when required
About Wood Products
We've been delivering quality building products and solutions to our customers for more than 100 years. From builders and dealers to specifiers and homeowners, we offer exceptional product performance and unparalleled support.
For more than a century, we’ve been building our reputation as a leader in sustainable wood products.
We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We’re serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence, and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference.
*We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us. *
/Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans./
Job: *Operations, Manufacturing, & Construction
Title: Maintenance Supervisor - Kalispell Lumber
Requisition ID: 01015848
- Weyerhaeuser Jobs