HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Mammography Technologist in Kansas City, Missouri
Do you have the career opportunities as an Mammography Technologist you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Research Medical Center, a facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
At RMC, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including: * Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs * Paid Personal Leave * 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service) * Identity Theft Protection discounts * Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options * Adoption Assistance * Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP) Our Mission and Values
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a Mammography Technologist where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
The Mammography Technologist is responsible for detecting breast tissue abnormalities by completing mammographic imaging studies; presenting them for diagnosis.
About this unit:
* Our team is committed to patient safety, employee satisfaction, and above all else the care and improvement of human life
* By joining our team you will have the opportunity to provide excellent care in a rapidly growing acute care facility amidst an ever changing healthcare environment.
* Under the general direction of the radiologist and under the supervision of the department director, supervisor and or mammography team leader performs mammography, breast localization and or stereotactic breast biopsies.
* Functions in direct cooperation with the physician and other radiology personnel.
* Works within guidelines established in the policy and procedure manual and complies with all radiation safety guidelines.
* Demonstrates knowledge of sterile technique and practices universal precautions. * Performs associated duties, i.e.., processing images using PACS, transporting patients when necessary and assembling all associated paperwork and mammograms to provide radiologist for dictation. * Has a sound knowledge of the regulatory issues surrounding mammography.
* Ability to lecture on mammography and breast self examinations, when necessary.
* May assist other areas of the radiology department and perform other duties as assigned.
What qualifications you will need: * Registry by American Registry of Radiologic Technology (ARRT) with current certification. * Specifically in Mammography ARRT (M) OR registry eligible OR certification eligible within 9 months of hire. * Must be current in Basic Life Support / BCLS. * Knowledge of radiology operations related to mammographic procedures including quality control, radiation safety, film processing. * Minimum of one (1) year related work experience in Mammography including biopsies and stereotactic procedures. * Experience in routine diagnostic procedures to allow for coverage in the diagnostic area if applicable. * Ability to effectively and safely operate Mammography digital equipment, Stereotactic equipment, scanning equipment and PACS. Also be able to effectively operate HIS/RIS. * Strong interpersonal skills to place patients and family members at ease. * Ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals. * Must be flexible and self motivated as well as a strong team player. * Act in a professional, caring and courteous manner. * Must function with initiative and independent judgment related to the quality of mammogram images produced. * Must have knowledge of the assessment, treatment and care techniques and principles relevant to the patient population served. /At//Research Medical Center, above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life/. Located in beautiful Kansas City, Missouri, RMC embodies the mission and heart of HCA MidAmerica. We are recognized as a healthcare leader due to our skilled, compassionate and dedicated doctors and nurses. To ensure that we exceed our patients’ health care needs, we staff over 700 doctors who represent 29 medical specialties in our 590-bed facility.
Several of our renowned programs, including Level I Trauma, Sarah Cannon Cancer Care, Grossman Burn Center, Neuroscience Institute and Women’s Care Center, feature advanced technological resources used to diagnose and treat patients. Whether your healthcare needs are urgent and critical or simply routine and preventative, our advanced capabilities allow us to be one of the most comprehensive hospitals in the Kansas City region.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a/World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere/since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Title: Mammography Technologist
Location: Missouri-Kansas City-Research Medical Center
Requisition ID: 09727-66612