HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Nuclear Medicine Technologist in Kansas City, Missouri
Are you looking for a work environment as a Nuclear Medicine Technologist where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application with Research Medical Center today and find out what it truly means to be a part of the HCA Healthcare team.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At RMC, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include: * Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs * Paid Personal Leave * 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service) * Identity Theft Protection discounts * Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options * Adoption Assistance * Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
We strive to provide the best possible care to our patients.
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues? Join the Research Medical Center family! We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are currently looking for an ambitious Nuclear Medicine Technologist to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential here!
Nuclear Medicine Technologists perform tests for diagnosis and medical research. They prepare and give small doses of radioactive drugs (radiopharmaceuticals) to patients, then use high-level imaging equipment to record images of the radioactive material in the body.
About this unit: *
* Our team is committed to patient safety, employee satisfaction, and above all else the care and improvement of human life.
* By joining our team you will have the opportunity to provide excellent care in a rapidly growing acute care facility amidst an ever changing healthcare environment.
* The Nuclear Medicine team is a dedicated team with very little turnover.
* This group of experienced professionals that works as a team to efficiently provide the best care for the patients of Research Medical Center.
* Under limited supervision, the Nuclear Medicine Technologist completes nuclear medicine procedures including routine procedures and nuclear medicine therapies.
* Participates in Performance Improvement and Quality Improvement activities.
* Works within the guidelines established in the policies and procedure manual and complies with all safety and infection control guidelines.
* Works in accordance with JCAHO, State or other regulatory or accreditation agencies in the performance of their duties.
What Qualifications You Will Need:
- Graduate from an accredited program in Radiologic Technology.
- Two-year program or four year BA program in Radiology Technology followed by training from an accredited Nuclear Medicine Program. (ARRT NM) or training from an accredited school in Nuclear Medicine.
- American Registry of Radiology Technology (ARRT NM) or registry eligible with completion of examination within 9 months of hire and/or certification as an Nuclear Medicine Technologist (NMTB).
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) required.
- Minimum of one-year hospital department experience in Nuclear Medicine.
- Ability to accurately complete sonography requisitions for the examinations performed.
- Experience with Radiology filing systems to obtain previous examination reports.
- Ability to correctly and safely operate nuclear medicine equipment following orientation period to the department.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all patients, physicians, nurses and other medical personnel.
- Ability to handle periods of intensity with calm.
Ability to work in stressful situations while maintaining composure and perform required Nuclear Medicine duties regardless of the patient’s condition.
/At Research Medical Center, above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life/. Located in beautiful Kansas City, Missouri, RMC embodies the mission and heart of HCA MidAmerica. We are recognized as a healthcare leader due to our skilled, compassionate and dedicated doctors and nurses. To ensure that we exceed our patients’ health care needs, we staff over 700 doctors who represent 29 medical specialties in our 590-bed facility.
Several of our renowned programs, including Level I Trauma, Sarah Cannon Cancer Care, Grossman Burn Center, Neuroscience Institute and Women’s Care Center, feature advanced technological resources used to diagnose and treat patients. Whether your healthcare needs are urgent and critical or simply routine and preventative, our advanced capabilities allow us to be one of the most comprehensive hospitals in the Kansas City region.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a/World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere/since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.__
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Title: Nuclear Medicine Technologist
Location: Missouri-Kansas City-Research Medical Center
Requisition ID: 09727-66628