Fresenius Medical Care North America Biomedical Technician in Kenwood, Ohio
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Supports FMCNA’s mission, vision, core values and customer service philosophy. Adheres to the FMCNA Compliance Program, including following all regulatory and FMS policy requirements.
Acts as a mentor and trainer for new technical staff. Under supervision, is responsible for the repair and maintenance and operational condition for all medical equipment, water systems and the physical plant in assigned facilities within the Centralized Technical Program to ensure patient safety and staff operating equipment. Performs all repair and maintenance activities according to FMCNA Policies and Procedures, manufacturer’s documentation, industry standards and local, state and federal regulatory requirements. Performs monthly Technical Quality Assessment and Process Improvement (QAPI) duties. Responsible for cost containment activities related to repair and maintenance. Functions as an equipment “trouble-shooter” to identify and ensure resolution to problems.
DUTIES / ACTIVITIES :
Responsible for driving the FMS culture through values and customer service standards.
Responsible for outstanding customer service to all external and internal customers.
Develop and maintains relationships through effective and timely communication.
Take initiative to respond to, resolve and follow up on customer issues in a timely manner.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
Perform and/or oversee repair and maintenance activities on water treatment equipment, dialysis equipment, ancillary equipment, test equipment, and the physical plant as recommended by the manufacturer and by procedures established by FMCNA Clinical/Technical services as documented in the FMCNA Policies and Procedures.
Document all repair and maintenance activity per applicable policies and/or procedures.
Utilizing acquired knowledge of company machinery, equipment and systems, acts as equipment “trouble-shooter”, identifying where problems exist and recommending resolution as needed.
Employee is required work on high voltage equipment.
Purchase and maintain inventory of service parts.
Ensure defective parts with associated RGA and warranty parts are returned in a timely manner.
Actively support and participate in the Quality Assessment and Process Improvement (QAPI) process.
Works with facility staff to ensure all regulatory and OSHA requirements are met.
Perform water/dialysate sample collection and processing per applicable policies and procedures.
Review, evaluate and report water/dialysate quality results per applicable policies and procedures.
Transport equipment as needed.
Acts as a mentor, role model and resource for Biomedical Personnel by setting an example of appropriate behavior, work habits and attitudes towards patients, coworkers and management.
Perform other duties as assigned.
· High school diploma or G.E.D. required.
· AA Degree in electronics /biomedical technology, or equivalent preferred.
· Successful completion of the FMCNA Biomedical Technician Technical Certification Program within the first 24 months of employment required.
· Nephrology / Biomedical Industry Technical Certification within 24 months of employment preferred. (choose one)
o Board of Nephrology Examiners Nursing and Technology (BONENT), Certified Hemodialysis Technician (CHT)
o National Nephrology Certification Organization (NNCO), Certified Biomedical Nephrology Technician (CBNT)
· Biomedical Industry Technical Certification preferred .
o Water Quality Association (WQA)Water Treatment Specialist (WTS)
o Association for the Advancement of Medical Instrumentation (AAMI), Certified Biomedical Equipment Technician (CBET)
· All required certifications must be maintained and current.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
· Two years experience working in an industrial/medical technical setting, or one year experience and an AA Degree in electronics / biomedical technology.
· Attend all technical training programs required by state/federal regulations and FMCNA policy.
· Valid Driver's License issued in the employee’s state of residence.
· Ability to use common hand tools and small power equipment.
· Employees have to meet the necessary requirements of Ishihara's Color Blindness test as a condition of employment.
· Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays
Ability to comprehend and communicate in the English language.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity