Lockheed Martin Software Engineer in King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space. At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing people are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to envision the impossible, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Summary of Key Duties for this position:
The successful candidate will serve as a software developer for a team tasked with setting up an open architecture infrastructure and developing web services and modern user interfaces to meet mission needs.
You will be designing state-of-the-art concepts while delivering innovative and affordable capabilities in a new and emerging area of protecting USG space assets. You will be working on a mission that you can be proud of, knowing that you are making a lasting difference in the world and in space. You will be working side by side with extraordinarily talented and experienced engineers, while having the opportunity to lead and mentor less experienced individuals on the team. Candidate must be able to lead systems thinking, coordinate cross-team development, drive quality, and shoulder accountability for major aspects of mission and program success. Candidate must have the ability to adapt to agile methods that will require a dynamic execution approach, depending on the time-phased needs of the program.
• Previous experience with Sensor integration development and modeling of space based sensors
• Basic understanding of open architecture, cloud computing design, and security principles
• Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
• Ability to communicate effectively and work in a collaborative environment
• Must be a US citizen, will be subject to a government security investigation, and must meet eligibility requirements for an elevated clearance for access to classified information.
• TS/SCI clearance with an SSBI within the last 5 years
• Demonstrated experience working in Agile teams leveraging Scrum, Kanban or other methodologies and/or understanding of Agile development concepts
•Understanding / proficiency in application containerization (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
• Experience designing microservice-based architectures
• Experience with test automation and continuous integration and deployment
• Experience integrating software components via machine-to-machine interfaces (e.g., RESTful APIs, ActiveMQ, etc.)
• Experience with relational and/or NoSQL databases - Experience developing applications on multiple platforms, e.g. Windows, Linux, OS X, etc.
• Strong background developing / debugging and/or testing of web applications and web services
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs