HCA, Hospital Corporation of America OR Technician Cert PRN in Kissimmee, Florida
Poinciana Medical Center is a four-story, 150,000 square foot hospital with 70 private beds and a six-bed private ICU. We provide a full range of acute care services including emergency services, inpatient and outpatient diagnostic imaging, inpatient and outpatient surgery, cardiac catheterization, laboratory, pharmacy, and a full range of support services. Our ED is approximately 14,500 square feet and consists of 22 private treatment rooms, an EMS entrance and a helicopter pad.
/Positions Description:Under the supervision of the OR staff, assists in the delivery of patient care during the interoperative phase according to the policies and procedures of the facility./
- /Anticipates physician preferences based upon scheduled surgical procedures contributing to achievement of established OR goals/performance numbers and improving patient outcomes./
- /Assists in operative procedures by preparing and passing instruments and supplies, holding retractors and cutting sutures./
- /Assists in the maintenance and care of specimens and prepares surgical specimen for laboratory analysis./
- /Assists in the preparation of the operative site in anticipation of the surgical procedure./
- /Follows universal precautions, and follows patient safety standards; and ensures proper cleaning, processing, and handling of all surgical instrumentation and scopes. applies the principles of asepsis to ensure the prevention of infection and maintain optimum patient care./
- /Work collaboratively with surgical team to perform and ensure accurate surgical counts. demonstrates knowledge of hospital acquired conditions./
- /Contributes to a culture of patient centered care by ensuring a quiet healing environment./
* Graduate from approved Surgical Tech program.
* Minimum of 1 year of acute experience.
* Experience in Ortho- total joints, General OR, Endo, and GYN is required.
* Robotics experience is highly desireable. *_Training:_ * * Current BLS through American Heart Association * Current CST from a Commission of Accreditation of Allied Health Education Program *_Skills:_Critical thinking, service excellence and good interpersonal communication skills, ability to read/comprehend written instructions, ability to follow verbal instructions, PC skills.
An EEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D. Tobacco Free Campus
Job: *Clinical Techs - CV Cath Lab Surg Vasc & Central Sterile
Title: OR Technician Cert PRN
Location: Florida-Kissimmee-Poinciana Medical Center
Requisition ID: 26450-16906