Marriott Senior Manager Catering Sales Local Social at the Walt Disney World Swan Reserve in Lake Buena Vista, Florida
Job Number 21012575
Job Category Event Management
Location Walt Disney World Swan Reserve, 1255 Epcot Resorts Boulevard, Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States VIEW ON MAP (https://www.google.com/maps?q=Walt+Disney+World+Swan+Reserve%2C1255+Epcot+Resorts+Boulevard%2CLake+Buena+Vista%2CFlorida%2CUS)
Brand Westin Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
At Westin, we are committed to empowering the well-being of our guests by providing a refreshing environment, thoughtful amenities, and revitalizing programming to help ensure that they leave feeling better than when they arrived. We recognize that travel can be disruptive to our guests’ well-being, and we’re energized to assist as partners in helping them maintain control and soaring above it all while on the road. Everything we do is designed to help guests be at their best, and they appreciate our supportive attitude, anticipatory service and extensive knowledge on how to best assist them throughout their stay. We are looking for dynamic people who are excited to join the team and ready to jump into any situation to give a helping hand. If you’re someone who has is positive, adaptable and intuitive, and has a genuine interest in the well-being of others around you, we invite you to discover how at Westin, together we can rise.
Prepares all event documentation and coordinates with Sales, property departments and customer to ensure consistent, high level service throughout the pre-event, event and post-event phases of property events. This position primarily handles complex events. Ensures a seamless turnover from sales to service back to sales. Recognizes opportunities to maximize revenue by up-selling and offering enhancements to create outstanding events. Supports and acts on behalf of the Director of Event Management or Director of Event Planning and Operations in his/her absence. Serves as the event planner’s primary contact (following turnover) on property and is responsible for his/her experience.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the event management or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; no work experience required.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Executing Event Operations
• Solve problems and/or suggest alternatives to previous arrangements if necessary.
• Leads pre-event and post-event meetings for assigned groups.
• Identifies operational challenges associated with his/her group and works with the property staff and customer to solve these challenges and/or develop alternative solutions.
• Manages customer budgets to maximize revenue and meet customer needs.
• Oversees his/her customer experiences from file turnover through the post event phase until turnover back to sales.
• Conducts pre- and post-event meetings as required to review/communicate group needs and feedback.
• Manages group room blocks and meeting space for assigned groups.
• Adheres to all standards, policies, and procedures.
• Celebrates successes and publicly recognizes the contributions of team members.
Executing the Sales and Marketing Strategy
• Up-sells products and services throughout the event process.
• Participates in customer site inspections and assists with the sales process when necessary.
• Acts as liaison between field sales person and customer throughout the event process (pre-event, event, post-event).
• Manages revenue and profitability associated with events.
• Forecasts group sleeping rooms and event revenue (catering and audio-visual) for his/her groups.
• Reviews billing and payments with clients.
Providing Exceptional Customer Service
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
• Handles guest problems and complaints.
• Makes presence known to customer at all times during entire event process.
• Follows up with customer post-event.
• Greets customer during the event phase and hands-off to the Event Operations team for the execution of details.
• Strives to improve service performance.
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Reviews comment cards and guest satisfaction results with associates.
• Coordinates and communicates verbally and in writing with customer (internal and external) regarding event details.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
- Marriott Jobs