Lockheed Martin Automation Intern in Lakeland, Florida
Description: Lockheed Martin Global Financial Services (GFS) is responsible for providing financial and accounting support to various Lockheed Martin business area partners. This position supports the Financial Automation Solutions Team (FAST) which provides automation services to Finance and Business Operations.
Candidate will support various business process automation tasks which may include supporting any of the functions below:
• Process Reengineering - Evaluating functional processes and creating detailed flowcharts of the process to be automated
• Documentation - Creating thorough and detailed documentation of the process to be automated
• Development - Developing, enhancing, troubleshooting, and maintaining various automated processes utilizing automation tools such as Excel Power Query and SAP Scripting.
Candidate will be expected to identify process improvements and develop innovative solutions to complex problems. This includes analyzing data and presenting recommendations to FAST leadership.
Candidate will be expected to interact with customers from across the organization and must be comfortable interacting with peers in different departments.
Candidate will be expected to partner with peers and build strong relationships. Candidate is expected to think creatively to explore, identify, and leverage new technology and tools.
This is a challenging internship and the ideal candidate is a quick learner with a superior work ethic. The candidate must be able provide timely and accurate work products in order support team deadlines. An ability to work effectively both independently and in a supportive, diverse team environment is expected.
This position may require performance of other duties as required in a changing environment. The candidate is expected to be able and willing to meet deadlines on a continuous basis.
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills, with specific emphasis on Excel
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to produce clear and concise documentation, understand complex processes, and clearly articulate ideas to both a technical and non-technical audience
- Strong attention to detail and dedication to quality
- Active learner, openness to working with new software/tools, using unfamiliar technologies
- Experience with advanced MS Excel features such as MS Excel Power Query
- Demonstrated ability to make process improvements
- Experience in a professional team working environment
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs