Merck Organon-Senior Specialist Automation Engineer in Lansdale, Pennsylvania
Automation Engineer will be part of a global cloud engineering team focused on engineering of AWS & Azure platform where application teams will build their apps.
As member of the cloud team, Automation Engineer will be responsible for:
• Engineering & Management of Amazon Web Services (AWS) & Azure platform to stay current with internal policies & procedure and advancement of the platform to support current & emerging business needs
• Partnering with existing enterprise Information Technology (IT) organization to integrate cloud infrastructure/network environment with corporate infrastructure / data center environment.
• Driving Infrastructure as code and configuration management for service deployment and lifecycle management
• Developing and maintaining Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) documentation for the platform
• Build and drive automation for delivery and distribution of artifacts (golden images etc.) to the cloud
• Actively participating in promoting best practices through community and focused learning sessions
• Ability to drive projects working in conjunction with enterprise IT as well as outsourced partners.
Education Minimum Requirement:
• B.S. in IT, Engineering, Computer Science, or related field a plus
Required Experience and Skills:
• 5+ years of experience in IT field
• 2+ years of work in the DevOps, CI/CD space (build/deploy pipelines, IaC/Environment/Test automation/Artifact Management)
• Min 2 years’ experience supporting AWS Cloud Platform
• Prior experience working in agile, lean or iterative teams
• Strong understanding of networking, operating system fundamentals (Windows and Linux), security technologies (firewalls, IDS/IPS, etc.)
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to discover, document, decompose, research and solve for complex problems at scale
• Proficient in at least one high-level programming language (Python, Ruby, Java or similar)
• Hands on scripting and service configuration management expertise (bash/powershell/Ansible/Terraform/Cloudformation/MS Scorch or similar)
• Prior experience working with git source control management & workflows
Preferred Experience and Skills:
• AWS or Microsoft Azure Certification
• Redhat Ansible or Hashicorp Terraform certification
• Experience working in a global, distributed team environment
• Integration with Information Technology Service Management (ITSM) workflows (ServiceNow)
• Good understanding of technical project management
Who we are …
Organon delivers ingenious health solutions that enable people to live their best lives. We are a $6.5 billion global healthcare company focused on making a world of difference for women, their families and the communities they care for. We have an important portfolio and are growing it by investing in the unmet needs of Women’s Health, expanding access to leading biosimilars and touching lives with a diverse and trusted portfolio of health solutions.
Our Vision is clear: A better and healthier every day for every woman.
At launch, we will be more than 10,000 Founders strong, ready to rise together as we make a difference in a new way. As Founders, employees will create their future and will help shape the direction of Organon and its impact on the world. Our culture reflects our passion for those we champion.
At Organon, we all belong. We embrace diversity and give it a voice. Our commitment to supporting women is reflected in the make-up of our leadership team, which is majority female and our diversity of experience is core to who we are and what we are designed to do.
NOTICE FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS
In accordance with Managers' Policy - Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package, but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. To discuss in more detail, please contact your HRBP or Talent Acquisition Advisor.
US and Puerto Rico Residents Only:
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC Poster (https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf)
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf)
OFCCP Pay Transparency Rule
We are an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:
1st - Day
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings:
Requisition ID: R102489
- Merck Jobs