HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Cardiac Services Program Coordinator in Las Vegas, Nevada
For more than three decades, Sunrise Hospital in Las Vegas has been Nevada’s largest, most comprehensive children’s hospital dedicated to caring for infants, children, adolescents and expectant mothers. As the leading neonatal, pediatric, and maternal provider in the region, we partner with physicians and hospitals throughout the Southwest to offer the most comprehensive and advanced health programs as well as access to sub-specialties. Sunrise Children's Hospitalprovides advanced pediatric and neonatal medicine to the residents of Southern Nevada and the surrounding region. Located near the Las Vegas strip,Sunrise Children’s Hospitaloffers 24/7 pediatric emergency services in our ER just for kids. In addition to pediatric cardiology,Sunrise Children's Hospitalalso features Nevada's largest, most comprehensive 72-Bed Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU), 24-bed Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU), and 14-bed inpatient pediatric Cardiac Intensive Care Unit (CICU), the only one of its kind in Nevada today. The CICU is a 12,000 square-foot unit dedicated to the treatment of congenital heart defects, heart rhythm disturbances and heart disease in infants and children.
As Las Vegas' largest acute care facility (762 beds),Sunriseprovides sophisticated inpatient and outpatient services to the community. Sunrise Hospital & Medical Centerhas been recognized with the following awards and accreditations:
- Consumer Choice Award recipient for 15 consecutive years
- Joint Commission Accredited
- American Stroke Association Get with The Guidelines Gold Plus Performance Achievement Award
- CARF Accredited Rehabilitation Unit
- Nursing Professionals Top 100 Hospitals to Work For
Join us as we achieve our Mission Statement:
/Sunrise Hospital & Medical Center //and *Sunrise Children's Hospital *are dedicated to providing an unparalleled level of measurable quality in the delivery of cost-effective, integrated healthcare services that are responsive to the needs of our patients, physicians, employees, and community./
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. We offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Student Loan Forgiveness
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
HCA is dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues. We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are currently looking for an ambitiousCardiac Services Program Coordinatorto help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential here!
The Cardiac Services Program Coordinator, under the direction of Director of Cardiac Cath Lab Services, shares responsibility for coordinating program development in conjunction with cardiac service line leaders to ensure objectives, outcomes, and goals are achieved. The Cardiac Services Program Coordinator is responsible for assuring evidenced-based standards of care for cardiac patients are met as required by The Joint Commission, and other regulatory agencies (ie. Chest Pain Center Accreditation). The Cardiac Services Program Coordinator also is responsible for program development, planning, organizing, implementation, assessment, patient flow, and performance improvement of the service line. In addition, the program coordinator is responsible for hospital services utilization, staff and physician education and training, and marketing communications. He/She also monitors the quality performance of the cardiac program staff and physicians. The Cardiac Services Program Coordinator in conjunction with the Director of Cardiac Cath Lab Services monitors the cost center budget and contracts, and supervises support analyst staff related to the cardiac service line. He/She will function as a role model in the use of nursing process and develops, introduces, and evaluates new approaches to cardiac evidenced-based standards of care. The program coordinator works closely with the research staff to assess and enroll patient in current clinical trials as applicable. He/She works with the EMS and outreach coordinators to improve continuity of care prior to hospital arrival and provide feedback and education to EMS staff. He/She will take on other responsibilities as determined by the Director of Cardiac Cath Lab Services for the cardiac programs.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our managers. Come unlock the possibilities and apply today!
/We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status./
- BSN from an accredited school of Nursing
- MSN or MBA preferred
- Minimum of 5 years nursing experience.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience with, and knowledge of invasive and non-invasive cardiology procedures strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 2 recent years’ experience in Cardiac nursing (critical care, cath lab, CV surgery) preferred.
- Prior experience as a Program Coordinator or Performance Improvement/Quality Coordinator preferred
- Current Nevada Registered Nurse License
- BLS preferred
- ACLS preferred
- Physical Assessment
- Lab data interpretation
- Nursing theory
- Basic computer and hospital informatic skills: Microsoft Office
- Familiarity with Joint Commission Core Measure requirements, Chest Pain Center Accreditation requirements
- Familiarity with ACC-NCDR Cath/PCI and ICD registries and the Society of Thoracic Surgeons National Database
- Excellent customer service skills. Ability to communicate with patients, physicians, and staff as appropriate.
- Public speaking skills. Strong networking abilities. Ability to work independently and be self-directed. Must be detail oriented and possess strong analytical and computer skills.
Job: *Supervisors Team Leaders & Coordinators
Title: Cardiac Services Program Coordinator
Location: Nevada-Las Vegas-Sunrise Hospital and Medical Center
Requisition ID: 01541-22350