HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Manager of Emergency Services in Las Vegas, Nevada
_About HCA_ HCA is the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, a company comprised of locally managed facilities that includes 166 hospitals and 114 outpatient centers in 20 states and England. At its founding in 1968, Nashville-based HCA was one of the nation's first hospital companies.
Are you looking for a company that places integrity over their bottom line? Here at HCA, our everyday decisions are founded on compassion. Apply today and join a team that is dedicated to serving others in need.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for dedicated professionals like you to be part of ourEmergency Room team. Join us in our efforts to better our community!
_Benefits_ At HCA, you have options. You can choose from a variety of benefits to create a customizable plan. You will have the ability to enroll in several medical coverage plans including vision and dental. You can even select additional a la carte benefits to meet all your needs. Enroll in our Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401k, flex spending accounts for medical childcare needs, and participate in our tuition reimbursement.
_Position Summary_ Sunrise has the largest ED in the State, Level 2 Trauma, and the only Comprehensive Stroke hospital in Las Vegas. Dynamic and high acuity ED where excellent clinical and managerial skills are a must. Union environment.
This position reports to:Director of Emergency * * _HCA Far West_ As part of a strong network of hospitals throughout California and Nevada, HCA Far West is committed to supporting its healthcare professionals and ensuring their growth. Our exclusive and specialty medical services in nine hospitals and six surgical centers throughout two states, provides a full spectrum of primary, acute, tertiary and chronic care for our patients. Our specialized care areas focus on advancing the science of medicine while providing high quality, life-saving technology and patient-focused care.
Now celebrating more than 55 years in the community, Sunrise Hospital & Medical Center provides the most comprehensive, quality healthcare in Southern Nevada. As Las Vegas' Now celebrating more than 55 years in the community, Sunrise Hospital & Medical Center *provides the most comprehensive, quality healthcare in Southern Nevada. As Las Vegas' largest acute care facility, *Sunrise provides sophisticated inpatient and outpatient services to the community.
In 2005, Sunrise Children’s Hospital completed at $75 million renovation and expansion effort, which is the last time the facility added it its capacity. Currently, the two hospital have 690 beds. When the project is complete, the capacity will grow to 762 beds.
Sunrise Hospital & Medical Center has been recognized with the following awards and accreditations:
- Consumer Choice Award recipient for 15 consecutive years
- Joint Commission Accredited
- American Stroke Association's Get With The Guidelines (GWTG) Gold Plus Performance Achievement Award
- CARF Accredited Rehabilitation Unit
- Nursing Professionals Top 100 Hospitals to Work For
/Join us as we achieve our Mission Statement:/
/Sunrise Hospital & Medical Center //and *Sunrise Children's Hospital *are dedicated to providing an unparalleled level of measurable quality in the delivery of cost-effective, integrated healthcare services that are responsive to the needs of our patients, physicians, employees, and community./
We are a family 270,000 strong! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications immediately. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
- * We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
*MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: *
Graduate of Accredited School of Nursing * * EDUCATION:
Graduate of AccreditedSchoolof Nursing BSN required Masters Degree in Nursing or related health field required (or actively in progress) BLS, ACLS Certification in Critical Care Nursing (CCRN) or Nursing Administration (CNA) preferred
- * KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES: * * Basic computer and hospital informatics skills required Specialty Certification for clinical areas preferred – Chemotherapy, ACLS, TNCC, PALS, NRP, etc. CPR required. Demonstrates competency and knowledgeable in the principles of personnel management. Complies with hospital employee health, infection control and safety management programs.
Current acute clinical knowledge required. Minimum of 1 year management experience required. Recent acute clinical experience (Í3 years); preferably in area of clinical area assigned.
LICENSURE: * * CurrentNevadalicense to practice nursing. Independently maintains license and related certifications held. Acquires required contact hours to maintain practice
AGE SPECIFIC DATA:
Maintains current knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and demonstrates the ability to incorporate knowledge in to the nursing process.* * *TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: * The duties and responsibilities listed herein are not intended to be all inclusive but rather ti indicate the primary emphasis of the job and establish the parameters for the necessary skill, effort, responsibility and working conditions that make up the job.
Participate in development of the plan of patient care services for the responsible clinical area(s) to meet the Mission and Vision of the Hospital.
Ensure unit compliance with all regulatory agencies and the State of Nevada Nurse Practice Act.
Perform data collection and analysis for decision-making. Seeks opportunities to improve care or system process; Incorporates performance improvement principles and data.
Networks with Medical Staff to build collaborative practice on clinical area(s) of responsibility. Maintains collegial responsibility for team building on all levels including knowledge sharing and educating.
Assist in development of staffing standards for clinical area(s) of responsibility. Ensure daily staffing standards meet productivity target. Coach charge nurses and other unit personnel on effective staffing patterns.
Participates in annual budget development, implementation and maintenance ensuring operations are managed in unit(s) within established guidelines and delivering quality patient care.
Participates in hospital wide development of the annual proactive patient safety program and individualizes program to meet each clinical area(s). Adjusts culture to reinforce a proactive and “blame free” environment in discovering, correcting and reporting of safety issues.
Mentor employees in quality and patient satisfaction goals for the clinical area(s) of responsibility. Holds staff accountable to Pride Standards.
- Consistently demonstrate skill in the ability to work accurately and efficiently under pressure while maintaining professional decorum.
- Select, train and evaluate subordinates and initiate personnel actions in accordance with the Human Resources policies and organizational philosophy. Provide opportunities for professional growth. Knowledgeable in principles of personnel management.
- Serves as a positive role model for staff management, problem solving and professional standards of nursing.
- Represents the departments through involvement on interdepartmental and interdisciplinary committees or work groups to effect change and problem solve within the organization. Represent Patient Care Services and the medical center on state, community and professional committees.
- Consistently demonstrates and mentors a professional approach to open and hones communication skills.
- Demonstrates delegation skills in receiving and responsibilities.
- Implements active case management of patient's healthcare process for all patients under supervision.
Job: *Directors & Managers
Title: Manager of Emergency Services
Location: Nevada-Las Vegas-Sunrise Hospital and Medical Center
Requisition ID: 01541-19827