HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Licensed Athletic Trainer PRN in Lees Summit, Missouri
Do you have the career opportunities as an Athletic Trainer you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to joinLee's Summit Medical Centera facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services HCA Healthcare.
At LSMC, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with someunique benefitsincluding: o Paid Personal Leave o 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service) o Identity Theft Protection discounts o Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options o Adoption Assistance o Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP) Great healthcare starts with compassion.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as an Athletic Trainer where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
As an Athletic trainer you are improving functional outcomes for patients and specialize in patient education to prevent injury and re-injury. Athletic Trainers are able to reduce injury and shorten rehabilitation time for their patients, improving their quality of life.
* * About this unit: * Support 6 High School in Missouri (Jackson County and Johnson County) * Strong, collaborative team, great work/life balance * Amazing physicians and administrative support, with opportunities to support other HCA facilities Responsibilities: * Provide Athletic Training Services to student athletes under the direction of the team physician or by written referral from a physician, and in accordance with state athletic training practice act. * Maintain appropriate general treatment orders to be reviewed annually and approved by the team physician. * Provide athletic training services for all home athletic contests. If a conflict arises the ATC will contact the Athletic Director to determine preference of event to cover. * Act as liaison between family physicians and specialists, the school district, athletes and their parents. * Maintain accurate records of injuries, treatments and provide insurance claim forms for sports injuries treated by a physician. * Develop and maintain a budget for the athletic training program. * Schedule and be present for pre-participation sports physicals. * Provide the coaches and athletic director with a list of athletes medically eligible to compete under district and state rules and regulations. Assist the athletic director as requested
- A bachelor’s degree, preferMS/MEd degree, current NATABOC Certification required.* *
- Missouri ATC License;/required within 30 days of hire/
- BLS required
- One or two years in athletic training setting preferred. Entry level graduates with NATA certification will be considered.
- Decision-making skills to make treatment assessments based on quick injury evaluation.
- The ability to analyze injuries and convert data into meaningful medical chart reports.
- Effective interpersonal skills to communicate both in person and in writing. The athletic trainer will interact with management, doctors, professional staff, patients, general public and local schools and sports teams
_Lee’s Summit Medical Center_serves Lee’s Summit, Missouri, and surrounding areas. The 80 -bed advanced technology facility is both a Joint Commission Chest Pain Certified Hospital and a Joint Commission Certified Primary Stroke Center. LSMC is part of HCA Healthcare. Additional features include: * Emergency Department with 14 private treatment rooms; * Orthopedic and Spine Center, * Level II stroke designation * Cardiovascular services with a cardiac catheterization lab, cardiac rehabilitation, vascular surgery and more; * Rehabilitation services with physical, occupational and speech therapy and sports medicine; * Women’s services; * Surgical service, including bariatrics, orthopedics, colorectal and robotic assisted procedures; imaging services; * The Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute at Lee's Summit Medical Center. HCA Healthcare has been continually named a/World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere/since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Licensed Athletic Trainer opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
Job: *Therapy & Rehabilitation
Title: Licensed Athletic Trainer PRN
Location: Missouri-Lees Summit-Lee%27s Summit Medical Center
Requisition ID: 09724-66611