Fiserv Senior API Product Manager in Liberty Lake, Washington
We’re Fiserv, a global leader in Fintech and payments enabling innovative financial services experiences that are in step with the way people live and work today. Our aspiration is to move money and information in a way that moves the world. Our Purpose is to deliver superior value for our clients through leading technology, targeted innovation and excellence in everything we do .
Our core values are to earn client trust every day, create with purpose, inspire and achieve excellence, do the right thing and deliver on the promise of one Fiserv. It’s these values that create a foundation for us to be able make the right decisions and deliver on our commitments to our client’s and each other.
We’ve started our journey to create a world class merchant acquiring developer platform. As an API Product Manager, you’ll play a key role in driving how we interact with external developers from large financial services clients, eCommerce clients & software vendors by designing external API interfaces with the best developer experience in mind.
We’re an ‘API First’ team and part of your role will be to instill high standards while focusing on an ‘outside in’ approach. That means we look to the customer when we design our products.
You’ll have a keen interest in the developer’s experience; the developer experience being what products we expose, how we design them and support them in production. The right candidate will be prepared to evangelize the importance of a great developer experience and well-designed APIs to both technology and business stakeholders.
As an Senior API Product Manager you can look forward to:
· Own the strategy and lifecycle management of external APIs from inception – launching – scaling – maturity - deprecating
· Research the market and competition to identify opportunities
· Collate and convert customer feedback into actionable insights
· Work with engineering to build and improve your APIs
· Work with marketing, legal, sales and PR teams
· Own and create product documentation & sales enablement content
· Own and create technical documentation
· Design APIs with great developer experience in mind, to a state which can be passed to engineering to be built
· Gather feedback from customers to inform design decisions
· Develop expertise in payment standards and frameworks e.g. EMVCo, 3D-Secure, acquirer technology
· Design and work with engineering to build developer tools e.g. SDKs, config pages
· Develop applications that demonstrate the APIs in use, such as building an ecommerce store, a reseller portal, a merchant data dashboard
· Work with the Developer Portal Team to manage APIs publicized on the portal and identify additional requirements needed on the portal e.g. config pages
· Work with the Developer Experience & Engagement Team on developer community activities e.g. product deep dives, conferences, blogs
· List wider business teams the candidate will collaborate with
What we’re looking for
· You have an appetite to learn, challenge and be proactive
· You have project delivery experience
· You should have previously developed software products either as a developer or as an architect
· You have the mind-set of thinking about the customer problem first and therefore, any experience in design thinking or value proposition design would be greatly beneficial
· Previous experience in financial services or payments or serving ISVs is desired
· You have excellent communication and networking skills
· You have excellent self-organising skills
· You have strong knowledge of APIs and modern web technologies
· You have excellent technical writing skills for customer facing documentation
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
• High School graduate/GED
•Minimum 7 years’ experience in Technical Operations, Project Management or Product Management.
•Prior experience in negotiations, vendor and project management required.
•5+ years’ payments related experience preferred.
•Competencies - Business Case Justification - Project Management - Managing in a Matrix Environment - Competitive Environment - Solutions Development - Knowledge of Product Line - Product Strategy - Product Life Cycle
•In-depth knowledge of card brand regulations, including PCI.
•Demonstrate initiative and be capable of self-managing with little direction.
•Communicate technical concepts and requirements clearly to both IT and business resources.
•Travel required: Percentage/frequency of travel – 15%
Preferred Qualifications for Consideration:
- BA/BS Degree, ideally in computer science or engineering; MBA desired
To support the total well-being of our associates, Fiserv takes a broad approach to our benefits. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that provides flexibility and affordability with a variety of medical, dental, vision, life insurance and disability options.
We are #FISVProud of our benefits and well-being programs. Our commitment to wellness, wellness education, preventive services and fitness activities are designed to meet you where you are.
Life moves fast. And as it does, we know most people aren’t thinking about “financial services” But we are.
We help people and businesses move money and information every minute of every day. Our solutions connect financial institutions, corporations, merchants and consumers to one another, millions of times a day, behind the scenes, reliably and securely.
We’re Fiserv, a global leader in Fintech and payments enabling innovative financial services experiences that are in step with the way people live and work today. The company’s approximately 44,000 associates proudly serve clients in more than 100 countries, so their customers, members and consumers can move money when and where they need it, at the point of thought.
Our Aspiration is to move money and information in a way that moves the world. As a FORTUNE™ 500 company and one of FORTUNE Magazine World’s Most Admired Companies for the eighth consecutive year, we are committed to excellence and purposeful innovation.
The Merchant Joint Ventures and Acquirer Processing business brings to bear the transformative combination of Fiserv and First Data to deliver extraordinary value to merchant customers. One of the foundational strengths of our company is the size and scope of our acquiring processing capabilities. These products and services are widely used by many channels that serve merchants -- both directly and indirectly. With the proliferation of payment providers in the marketplace, we are at the forefront of growth and innovation. Fiserv has established our Acquirer Processing Capability (APC) as a product line and business. The focus of the APC will be to analyze all areas of our acquirer processing products and services to clearly define costs, volumes, and trends across our direct merchant acquiring channels, merchant Joint Ventures, and acquiring partners. In establishing this product line, our goal is to define strategies for growth, innovation, cost-effectiveness, and greater profitability.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected.
- Fiserv Jobs