ADM Process Engineer- Lincoln, NE in Lincoln, Nebraska
Process Engineer- Lincoln, NE
Process Engineer – Lincoln, NE
This is a full-time, exempt position.
The Lincoln, Nebraska Soybean Processing Complex includes a CoGeneration facility, soybean crushing plant, and a two oil refinery. This is a union facility with a workforce of approximately 140 employees. The Process Engineer is involved in supervising and leading the day-to-day operations of the facility and supporting Performance Excellence activities and a variety of administrative functions. This position is also responsible for process improvements for production in all facets of operation through direct contributions of project development from conception though start-up. The role assists in leading day to day operations, tracking and understanding department costs, yields, quality, process performance and mentoring less experienced colleagues and engineers. A Production Engineer will indirectly lead 20 to 30 hourly colleagues and support the Department Superintendents in areas of daily and weekly scheduling, coordination of training, as well as updating standard operating procedures. This position will work with contractor management and Technology CoE’s for the completion of projects within the facility.
Essential Job Functions:
• Oversight of specific processes that may include projects. Project management may require, purchasing of materials and supplies, equipment installation, budget tracking, employee training, and startup of projects
• Lead plant operations to maintain personnel and process safety
• Performs troubleshooting and makes recommendations for improvements to company facilities, equipment, and safety programs
• Interacts directly with shift supervision to produce desired operational results and employee development
• Conducts daily review of KPI paperwork (i.e. Operational & Shift Supervisor, quality reports and Production Review).
• Supports Quality and the Food Safety Management System and possibly as member of that team.
• Serves as a primary contact for operational, production, and maintenance planning, giving guidance on priorities
• Project design, development and management that are specific to the operations
• Process, production and project cost tracking
• Participates in employee performance management (i.e., mentorship and discipline)
• Provide feedback, mentorship and support to operators and engineers to achieve short term and long-term department performance through use of KPI’s, continuous improvement, and Performance Excellence concepts
• B.S. in Engineering preferred or equivalent experience
• 2 - 5 years of plant operations experience preferred
• 1 – 3 years in direct supervision of people; supervisory experience in a union environment a plus
• Strong Dedication to Safety
• Project management experience / background is helpful.
• Concern for Quality
• Proven leadership
• Demonstrated problem solving and troubleshooting skills
• Good written and verbal commutation skills
• Ability to lead personnel and work closely with corporate departments
• Ability to look beyond the task at hand, to anticipate challenges and develop options to overcome them
• Dust, Soybeans
• Chemicals / Irritants
• The scope of the position requires exposure to and use of chemicals, solvents, and cleaners that may be hazardous and/or cause injury if specific instructions regarding their mixture, use, and disposal/storage are not accurately followed!
• Spring / Summer: Temperatures in some areas of the facility will be up to or exceed 100 degrees. Outside temperature may also reach 100 degrees with potential for high humidity. You may be exposed to inclement weather conditions including, but not limited to, rain and wind.
• Fall / Winter: Temperatures inside and out of the location may be at or below freezing. Outside you may face inclement weather including, freezing rain, sleet, snow and wind.
Some manufacturing processes within the facility are highly reliant on machinery and other processing equipment and, as a result, noise levels may reach or exceed 85 decibels and require use of hearing protection for most of the work shift.
• Able to lift and transport materials and equipment weighing up to 30 pounds on a limited basis, up to 50 pounds on an occasional basis and up to 55 pounds overhead.
• Lifting or carrying of weights over 50 pounds is rare. Employees are encouraged to request assistance in lifting or carrying objects that weigh more than 50 pounds.
• Able to move about or to a work site by stooping, bending, kneeling or squatting frequently. May also require periods of prolonged sitting or standing.
• Able to operate equipment or diagnose / detect issues of machinery that may be located at different heights. May require work on ladders, scaffolding or other work at heights.
Relocation assistance is available with this role.
This position comes with a full benefits package including 401K/ESOP, pension, life, health and dental benefits.
ADM is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability and veteran status.
NE - Nebraska
ADM is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability and veterans status.
At ADM, we unlock the power of nature to provide access to nutrition worldwide. With industry-advancing innovations, a complete portfolio of ingredients and solutions to meet any taste, and a commitment to sustainability, we give customers an edge in solving the nutritional challenges of today and tomorrow. We’re a global leader in human and animal nutrition and the world’s premier agricultural origination and processing company. Our breadth, depth, insights, facilities and logistical expertise give us unparalleled capabilities to meet needs for food, beverages, health and wellness, and more. From the seed of the idea to the outcome of the solution, we enrich the quality of life the world over. Learn more at www.adm.com.
- ADM Jobs