Lockheed Martin Guidance, Navigation & Control Senior Engineer in Littleton, Colorado
COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employees, families and communities. With employee health and safety as our top priority, and as a federal contractor, Lockheed Martin is taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID variants pose in the workplace and ensuring we meet our commitments to national security.
To uphold safety for all employees, we will continue to request vaccination status for all Lockheed Martin employees including new hires. All current and newly hired employees who are unvaccinated will be required to adhere to onsite safety protocols.
Description: Do you want the chance to re-think conventional wisdom and offer fresh, ground-breaking ideas? LM has new opportunities that provide you with a chance to challenge the status quo and experiment with new digital tools and emerging technologies that transform our mission.
Due to the classified nature of this opportunity we can’t talk about everything you’ll do on this program, but know that you will play a part in building end-to-end solutions and game-changing technology.
The Guidance, Navigation & Control (GN&C) team is made up of enthusiastic and talented individuals that design and produce the hardware, algorithms, and software required to solve the challenging problems of controlling these systems in a harsh, zero-g environment. Are you willing to join this team and help solve these challenges in a team environment using your GN&C academic background and/or industry experience? If so, consider this Senior GN&C position on a space programs that will inspire your imagination and provide unique challenges to use and grow your talent.
THIS POSITION IS CONTINGENT UPON A PROGRAM AWARD FIRST QTR 2022.
This position requires that you will be willing/able to acquire a Top Secret w/SCI clearance later in the program .
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
- BS Degree in Aerospace Engineering or related discipline focusing on spacecraft control system design & spacecraft dynamics
- GN&C design and analysis experience for spacecraft
- Familiarity with the GN&C hardware suite for space applications
- Experience with simulation and programming tools (ex. Matlab/Simulink, C++, Python)
- Ability and willingness to obtain a TS/SCI clearance
- Experience with flight software development and autocode to C++
- Experience going through a spacecraft program life cycle encompassing requirements generation, design, analysis, integration, verification, and testing of the GN&C subsystem for space applications
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, collaborative team environment
- Demonstrated good communication skills with the ability to articulate complex technical issues to peers, management, subcontractors and customers.
- Active TS/SCI clearance
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs