Lockheed Martin Requirements and Verification Systems Engineer in Littleton, Colorado
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to think creatively, exceed their own expectations and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus - if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Do you have a passion to be part of a team developing and delivering a new system on a national security program? The SPP program is looking to build a core team of highly motivated engineers excited to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. This is a rare opportunity for you to help meet the challenges in developing and delivering an important, exciting technology for our nation.
Lockheed Martin is looking for a Requirements and Verification Systems Engineer to join the team on an exciting program.
In this role, you will:
• Define the Requirements and Verification Baseline
• Decompose, allocate, and verify requirements
• Work closely with internal and external stakeholders to develop, review, and release specifications and verification plans to field a next-generation system
• Perform specification and Interface Control Document development, change control & DOORS database management
• Develop program baseline including coordination between ground and space in support of achieving program objectives, user needs, and design milestones
• Contribute to a value driven Systems Engineering team and drive design evolution in a systematic and thoughtful way
• Define and verify innovative solutions to complex mission critical problems
Typically has 5 - 10 years of professional experience.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin cultivates an inclusive work environment that inspires differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package.
• Experience in Systems Engineering, or related engineering discipline with detailed knowledge of Systems Engineering concepts and processes
• Experience working with multiple engineering disciplines to identify technical product characteristics to develop requirements specifications
• Experience writing requirements documentation and coordinating release through approval process
• DOORS (or similar tool) experience for requirements management, decomposition and publication
• Active Top Secret security clearance
• Systems engineering experience on classified programs
• Experience leading teams
• Experience identifying, decomposing, allocating, and verifying/validating requirements
• Script modification and development
• Ability to define and document solutions to complex problems and to convey solutions to both senior management and to other internal/external teams
• Familiarity with program and design review process (SRR, PDR, CDR, FRR, etc.)
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
• Space segment design and test experience with one or more subsystems or disciplines outside of Systems Engineering
• Master's Degree in Systems Engineering, INCOSE Certification, or relevant Graduate Certificate
• Demonstrated behaviors of a systems thinker; selects and applies appropriate systems thinking skills to solve very complex problems and implement constructive change
• Ability to build strong relationships with program internal and external customers, lead multi-functional teams and build consensus among peers
• Active Top Secret/SCI clearance with poly, and additional candidate screening will apply
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs