Lockheed Martin Software Engineer in Littleton, Colorado
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other…are with Lockheed Martin Space. As we enter a new era of space exploration, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
The Innovation arm of the Business Innovation, Transformation, and Enterprise Excellence (BITEE) Organization in Lockheed Martin Space is focused on revolutionizing how Lockheed Martin Space does business. Many of our team projects are the tip of the spear in imagining, promoting, establishing, and delivering the future of Lockheed Martin Space in this decade and beyond.
This position is for a Software Engineer on our BITEE Innovation team responsible for designing and developing innovative software solutions within this organization. Initial projects within this position’s portfolio include HiveStar™ and SpaceCloud™ with wide impact across the business. The ideal candidate has a strong desire to learn, is self-motivated, and a team player while applying strong technical aptitude to an incredible team developing creative and novel technical solutions that have a lasting impact on our world.
Roles and responsibilities include:
• Evaluating, rapidly pilot then develop and implement new technology
• Working in an agile and DevSecOps environment
• Partnering with peers and internal stakeholders to shape project requirements through industry research, stakeholder interviews and emerging trends
• Collaborating with project managers and development team to ensure projects are on schedule
• Proven work experience in a software or technical field
• Degree in computer science or related technical discipline/experience
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Strong Software Engineering experiences using Python/Go/C++/ or Object Oriented
• Requires US Citizenship
• Experience in decomposing Agile epics and features to user stories with clear acceptance criteria
• Experience in Agile Methodologies
• Strong experiences in Services, Micro-Services, Software Factories, DevSecOps, Cloud and Service Oriented Architectures
• Excellent understanding of Agile Methodologies. Working experience with Agile, test-driven development, automated test, continuous integration and regression testing
• Strong communication skills enabling teamwork and collaboration across Agile Development Teams
• Results driven, strong problem-solving/out of the box thinking skills
• Algorithm development experience applied to software engineering solutions
• Experience using message broker like RabitMQ/Kafka/etc.
• Working knowledge of Git, GitLab, Jira, Confluence, Jenkins, or other CI/CD toolsets
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs