Lockheed Martin Staff Systems Engineer in Littleton, Colorado
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space. Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing people are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems.
The Big Data Modernization program is seeking a Systems Engineer to help deliver the platform and capabilities to store, manage, and retrieve large, complex data sets for a variety of programs. This effort is enabling broader access to user-facing analytics applications that provide technical insight and competitive advantage to programs across Lockheed Martin Space.
As a Systems Engineer with the Big Data Modernization program you will provide technical advice and guidance on installation, adaptation, configuration, and enhancement of the Space Big Data Platform, and enabled applications. In this role, you will serve as equal parts technologist and evangelist – capable of both communicating the value proposition of big data processing, as well as possessing the experience and knowledge necessary to deliver solutions that make the art of the possible a reality. Your responsibilities will include engaging with end users to understand program-specific requirements, helping to define the technical solution from data sourcing to end user consumption, and working with a software development team to meet customer requirements.
This position requires a self-motivated individual with a hands-on entrepreneurial spirit and the ability to work in a fast-paced multi-disciplinary environment. Limited travel (25% or less) is required for this role. U.S. Citizenship required. Ability and willingness to obtain a TS/SCI clearance is required (not required to start). Work location will be a combination of remote and on-site.
As a Systems Engineer on the Big Data Modernization program, you will:
• Integrate into a small, high-performing, Integrated Product Team consisting of software engineers, platform engineers, and data engineers.
• Operate with considerable autonomy in support of larger team goals, to include defining and optimizing the systems engineering techniques and practices used within the team.
• Define, exercise, and refine, the general process that will be the basis for transitioning programs from the legacy big data platform to the Space Big Data Platform.
• Gather and organize program-specific requirements, and work with these programs throughout the migration to the new system
• Work with Line of Business (LOB) liaisons to communicate program capabilities and limitations, and to understand upcoming LOB needs.
• Provide expertise for resolving technical problems, troubleshoot products, and work with a software development team to meet customer requirements.
• Develop and update system sustainment plans, to include disaster recovery planning, service level support, configuration management, system scaling plans, system monitoring, etc.
• Work with the Project Engineer, Solutions Architect and Program Manager to refine the program schedule as delays and challenges arise
• Develop acceptance criteria and acceptance test plans for capability delivery to operational programs
• Contribute to risk identification and management
• Perform basic security engineering, and work with security engineers to ensure the platform and applications meet all program security requirements
• Help educate internal and external stakeholders on how to access the data and incorporate it into their business rhythms.
• Relentlessly pursue continuous improvement, emphasize outcomes over metrics, and be a good teammate
• Experience working with stakeholders to develop complex system requirements, developing systems engineering work products, and integrating complex systems
• Familiarity with TCP/IP networking protocols, and interactions between Ethernet, IP, and Software/Applications
• Strong interpersonal skills, and effective written and oral communication skills
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Demonstrated dedication to personal and corporate perfection, ethical behavior and integrity
• Ability and willingness to obtain a TS/SCI security clearance
• Experience developing clear, concise test procedures supporting user acceptance testing, performance validation, and risk reduction
• Background in IT Systems Architecture
• Understanding of DoDAF architectures and industry IT architecture frameworks
• DoD Cybersecurity certification or Security+ Certification
• Experience with satellite ground systems
• Software Development Lifecycle experience, including Agile software development experience
• Experience with CI/CD tools like Jenkins, or working in a DevOps environment
• Experience with creating or executing sustainment plans for large IT systems
• Familiarity with Model-based Systems Engineering
• Current TS/SCI security clearance
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs