Lockheed Martin Systems Architect Staff in Littleton, Colorado
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space. Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing people are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems.
This architect will work with the BA/Program/Project to:
• Meet and understand the business and engineering customers/stakeholders and their disciplines
• Understand their current-state architectures (processes/systems/data/roles)
• Understand their needs/requests/requirements/desirements
• Work with customers/stakeholders and IT to collaboratively:
• Define the solution space and lead trade analyses within and across the relevant domains – technical (IT and non-IT) and non-technical
• Develop future-state conceptual architectures that are implementable, secure, scalable and supportable
• Decompose those conceptual architectures into functions that can be allocated to processes/systems/data/roles
• Support trade analyses within and across the relevant domains
• Do the above for Programs that work at both unclassified and classified levels, need a CONOPS that supports all levels simultaneously, and require architectures to implement that
• 3+ years working as an IT Architect
• Broad experience across IT technical disciplines: applications, infrastructure (compute, network, storage) and cybersecurity
• Basic understanding and experience modeling systems in
SysML, using No Magic Cameo or similar tool
• Understanding of security principles in general and how to map/trace them to IT systems, components and functions
• Broad, basic understanding of business and engineering activities/disciplines in DoD/Aerospace, including some experience working classified projects
• Demonstrated capability to communicate clearly – verbally, textually and graphically – to technical and non-technical stakeholders at the Director level and below
• Possess excellent English communication skills, both written, verbal, and presentation, to effectively communicate business cases to all levels of peers, suppliers, as well as program and executive management
• You will need to be a US Citizen, and be able to obtain and maintain a US DoD SECRET clearance, to support this government contract, as well as successfully pass a drug
and background check, in order to meet eligibility
requirements for access to classified information
• 5+ years working as an IT Architect
• Experience presenting at reviews with Customers and/or
• Experience architecting systems in an Agile environment
• 3+ years using System Modeling Tools (No Magic/Cameo preferred) to perform MBSE or System Architecture work
• PLEASE NOTE: Applicants selected must be able to
successfully pass to a background investigation and drug test.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs