Lockheed Martin Technician Senior in Littleton, Colorado
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space . Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing people are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems.
Are you looking for a growth opportunity where you can contribute to a very important mission? Come and be part of our team in the dynamic world of Lockheed Martin Space. We are seeking a Technician to work at our Littleton, CO site.
Key Duties for this position will include:
• Perform a variety of duties in the mechanisms and structural assembly department.
• Primary role is to assemble precision mechanisms and structural assemblies.
• Will also at times troubleshoot, adjust, test, diagnose, and maintain equipment, components, devices, or systems.
• Work from schematics, engineering drawings, Manufacturing Process Instructions and written or verbal instructions.
• Work within a team environment and as an individual contributor.
• Work closely with other technicians, support staff, and engineering aids to absorb and develop a strong working skill set.
Typical experience for this role includes a High School diploma, or equivalent
experience/combined education, with additional specialized technical training equivalent to a technical Associate degree and/or demonstrated ability to perform assigned technical/para-engineering tasks and 1 Year of experience.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package by visiting:
• Desire to learn or develop basic skills within the technician job scope and ability to demonstrate learning agility to pass both written and hands-on certification requirements.
• Basic understanding & reading of engineering and installation drawings.
• Understanding and safe use of hand tools such as Torque Wrenches, Sharps, Hand Drills, Small presses, Pneumatic tools etc.
• Ability to work in a fast paced, manufacturing environment.
• Must be able to work flexible shifts, provide afterhours support, and work overtime as required.
• Must be able to use and understand calibrated hand tools and equipment such as calipers, micrometers and gages in a production environment.
• Ability to work in a clean environment that involves wearing smocks and gloves for extended periods of time. This includes working at flow benches to assemble very precise Mechanisms.
• Ability to perform bonding operations with various adhesive materials.
• Previous Assembly experience in quality regulated environment.
• Experience working to engineering
drawings/schematics and manufacturing work instructions.
• A&P License.
• Ability to do light manual machining work for the creation of shop aids and tools to support build efforts is a plus.
• Some experience with electrical harness assembly (splicing/soldering/crimping) in a quality controlled environment.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs