HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Respiratory Therapist PRN in Lone Tree, Colorado
Healthcare Corporation of America (HCA) is a community of 94,000 Registered Nurses and 38,000 active physicians. We have over 1,900 facilities ranging from hospitals, freestanding ER’s, ambulatory surgery centers, and urgent care clinics. Our facility based staff continues to raise the bar in patient care. Ten HCA hospitals have been named in IBM Watson Health’s top 100 best-performing hospitals based on patient satisfaction and operational data.
HCA is dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues. We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are currently looking for an ambitiousRespiratory Therapistto help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential here!
Sky Ridge Medical Center – Lone Tree, CO
*Sky Ridge Medical Center, *level II trauma , part of HCA’s HealthONE, Sky Ridge is a 286 bed hospital, located on the corner of I-25 and Lincoln Ave in Lone Tree, Colorado. Our patient – centered program, which include everything from our adult and pediatric ERs and comprehensive Cancer Center to a focus on pregnancy and childbirth in our Birth Place as well as specialized acre in our Spine and Total Joint Center and Women’s Hospital.
Sky Ridge Medical Center offers patients the highest quality care and the most advanced technologies and treatments in nearly every medical specialty. * *
_Respiratory Therapist Job Descripiton/Responsibilities:_
- Performs assessment and therapeutic modalities for infant, children, adolescents, adults, and geriatric patients as ordered or directed by a physician.
- Monitors environmental control systems, patients on mechanical ventilation, Bipap, CPAP, and various oxygen support systems.
- Responsible for maintaining secure and patent patient airway to include performing nasal, nasotracheal, endotracheal and oral suctioning, Pulmonary function testing, blood gas analysis, nebulized medication therapy, chest physiotherapy, and oxygen therapy delivery in various modalities.
- Also performs EKGs. Recognizes life threatening situations and initiates appropriate response. Provides Bag/value/mask ventilation, and other accepted treatments to maintain a patent airway. Recognizes medical problems and reports/documents problems to physician in a timely manner.
- Administers diagnostic testing procedures to determine the extent of patient’s impairment and appropriateness of treatment and ventilation parameters. In addition to the performance of all routine respiratory procedures, the Respiratory Practitioner will be responsible for special procedures, within his/her scope of practice, maintaining and improving clinical competence, practicing universal precautions, maintaining and cleaning equipment, and performing other duties as deemed necessary.
- Understands pharmacological indications, dosages and response to adverse drug reactions. Provides education to patients, families, physician, nursing and other members of the health care team.
- Respiratory Therapist is responsible for developing and maintaining physician and hospital staff relations and patient satisfaction to be monitored by the Director/Manager and /or Clinical Coordinator) through mutually agreed upon goals. Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
- Embrace and consistently demonstrate Sky Ridge Medical Center Standards of Behavior, encompassing both patients and employees.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our managers. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
/We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status./
*Licensure/Certification/Registration: * * Current Colorado Respiratory License * Advanced Cardiac Life Support * Pediatric Advanced Life Support(within 6 months of hire) * NRP (within 6 months of hire) * NBRC Certification, possession of RRT credential * Current BLS Certification with the American Heart Association or ARC. * BLS, ACLS, PALS and NRP must be American Heart
- High School diploma or GED
_Experience: _ * Two years recent Acute Care Experience
Job: *Therapy & Rehabilitation
Title: Respiratory Therapist PRN
Location: Colorado-Lone Tree-Sky Ridge Medical Center
Requisition ID: 08936-103293