Weyerhaeuser Maintenance Team Leader in Longview, Washington
Weyerhaeuser's Longview, Washington lumber mill is seeking a Maintenance Team Leader. The Maintenance Team Leader is a key member of the maintenance team that supports the facility. This is a full time, exempt position, reporting to the Maintenance Manager. This role may be required to work the weekend shift.
The Maintenance Team Leader reports directly to the Maintenance Manager and will be responsible for working with the maintenance team to develop safety, reliability, and operational excellence programs using the concept of continuous process improvement.
In this role, you will...
- Role model safe work practices and ensure the safety of all associates and contractors by identifying safety issues, leading safety meetings, and leading/assisting safety initiatives.
- Lead preventive and predictive maintenance systems to increase equipment reliability
- Lead and motivate teams of tradespeople as part of a comprehensive maintenance program to deliver world-class reliability.
- Effectively partner with all departments to identify issues and eliminate equipment failure.
- Lead and facilitate the ongoing development of the maintenance team including coaching, mentoring, technical skill development and performance management.
- Maintain and improve the workflow management process including maintaining the CMMS system
- Provide input to the planning and scheduling of maintenance work and follow-up to ensure safe, timely and satisfactory completion.
- Support the planning and scheduling of maintenance work to ensure reliability of all equipment, considering safety, financial constraints, skills, lead times, and special equipment and repair procedures.
- Communicate and coordinate with outside vendors associated with providing goods and services.
- Capable with Microsoft office applications and computerized maintenance management systems
- Lead and support continuous improvement efforts.
Proactively identify issues and demonstrate troubleshooting/ problem solving methods to ensure safety, environmental, uptime, production and quality goals are met.
Minimum 3 years experience demonstrating leadership skills; positive influence and success in safety, productivity, and people development.
- Strong troubleshooting skills and ability to identify root cause of problems and effectively initiate immediate corrective action
- 7 years experience maintaining mechanical and/or electrical industrial systems.
- Successful development and implementation of solutions to improve processes and overcome challenges.
- Experience in preventive and predictive maintenance methods.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, verbal and electronic communication skills.
- Demonstrated strong computer skills and proficiency in MS Office products and internet browsing.
- Experience utilizing computer maintenance management systems (i.e.: SAP, Maximo)
- Must be able to accept and respond to after hour's calls, and be willing to work nights, weekends and holidays as necessary.
- Working knowledge of business and financial concepts.
- Basic understanding of labor and employee relations and able to manage teams in a union environment.
- Ability to effectively manage time and meet all specified deadlines.
- Wood products experience (ideally lumber) preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred.
We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We’re serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence, and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference.
About Wood Products
We've been delivering quality building products and solutions to our customers for more than 100 years. From builders and dealers to specifiers and homeowners, we offer exceptional product performance and unparalleled support.
For more than a century, we’ve been building our reputation as a leader in sustainable wood products.
/Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. Inclusion is one of our five core values and we strive to maintain a culture where all our people feel a sense of belonging, opportunity and shared purpose. We are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce and supporting an equitable and inclusive environment that inspires people of all backgrounds to join, stay and thrive with our team./
Job: *Operations, Manufacturing, & Construction
Title: Maintenance Team Leader
Requisition ID: 01017032
- Weyerhaeuser Jobs