HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Patient Safety Screener PRN in Low Moor, Virginia
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
We value your contributions. Our employee recognition programs encourage our teams to raise the bar. We are currently seeking a Per-DiemPatient Safety Screenerto join our family. Come be a part of the change!
LewisGale Hospital Alleghany(LGHA) has delivered decade-long commitment to helping save and improve patients’ lives and to giving back to the extended community they call home. LGHA is a 204-bed acute care facility located in Low Moor, Virginia who serves patients in both Virginia and West Virginia, offering a full range of medical specialties – from emergency medicine to general surgery. They are also home to the Senior Transitions program – a 15-bed specialty unit for seniors with emotional and behavioral issues requiring short-term acute stabilization. At the same time, they are an important part of LewisGale Regional Health System – an integrated network of closely aligned patient-care facilities that consistently rank among the top in the nation for patient care.
- Monitors patients and other individuals entering the facility, driving into the facility parking lot, or using remote parking/waiting areas. Maintains physical presence at assigned entry point.
- Communicates clearly using compassionate connected care model with all patients, visitors, and the general public.
- Ensures a safe patient and staff environment by screening all entrants according to established guidelines. Utilizes approved screening methods as appropriate to the situation, including verbal screening and temperature assessment.
- Reports any concerns with screening or entrant condition promptly.
- Directs patients or individuals appropriately based on defined criteria.
- Relays appropriate hand-off communication to appropriate nursing personnel or other personnel to ensure continuity of care and safe environment.
- Demonstrates knowledge and respect of patient rights to privacy and protection of patient confidentiality.
- Creates clear, accurate documentation as stated in CDC and facility protocols.
- Complies with principles of hand hygiene, aseptic, and sterile technique.
- Promotes consistent, positive patient interactions that advance the agenda of unparalleled patient service.
- Demonstrates caring and empathy in all interactions and advocates for patient- and family-centered approach in all decisions and actions.
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills, including active listening. Ensures patients, physicians, and colleagues have a clear understanding of all communications.
- Maintains a calm demeanor. Maintains a professional appearance and demonstrates behaviors consistent with established policies/procedures.
- Assists in the orientation of new staff as needed.
- Seeks opportunities to improve processes.
- Manages supplies and personal protective equipment as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our managers. Come unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job: *Nursing Support
Title: Patient Safety Screener PRN
Location: Virginia-Low Moor-LewisGale Hospital Alleghany
Requisition ID: 02962-24925