Northrop Grumman Program Manager 3 in Magna, Utah
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
NG Space Systems- Propulsion Systems is currently seeking a Senior Program Manager for our Trident II D5 Program team to execute production of all three D5 motor stages in our Propulsion Systems Division in Bacchus, Utah .
Role Description & Responsibilities:
The Sr. Program Manager will be responsible for the management of the D5 production program. Manages the program(s) to deliver the expected financial, technology, and schedule performance. The Program Manager will work closely with our Lockheed Martin and Navy customers, program leadership and integrated operations to execute the production program, create plans for long term program sustainment and support company business obligations.
• Execute programs successfully by managing safety, quality, schedule, technology and cost (P&L responsibility)
• Continuously drive for results and challenge the status quo
• Have the capacity to understand people issues impacting the business
• Have proven ability to influence and motivate others
• Represent NGC as a company (bringing message to the customer; and integrating knowledge of the spectrum of NGC capabilities with understanding of customer needs to promote NGC)
• Service the customer (executing the program and resolving issues in accordance with business objectives, strategy, legal requirements, regulations, contract terms, and company policies)
• Balance the interests of the customer, NGC, and employees
Program Team Management
• Provide overall leadership and direction to the D5 program team (to include coaching team members, resolving conflict, reviewing performance, and initiating corrective actions, if necessary)
• Direct the performance of program functions (such as contract, finance, and VSET lead)
• Possess the proven ability to provide verbal and written information clearly, succinctly, and persuasively
• Set role and performance expectations, and provide ongoing feedback and performance appraisals
• Meet master program plans and schedules (identifying and assessing risks, and initiating necessary corrective action)
• Ensure that the programs/projects are on schedule to the program milestones.
• Knowledge of and experience using Earned Value Management System (EVMS)
• Manage Budgets and update monthly performance review for the customer
• Forecast financial performance
• Plan future phases of the program
Contract Structure & Pricing
• Manage contract negotiations, endorse final price and contract terms and resolve contract issues
• Drive technical excellence (by setting program standards, working closely with technical team, balancing risk, and delivering performance)
• Direct proposal preparation (to ensure it meets NGC business strategy, is compliant, responds to customer needs, and provides a proper base for successful negotiations and program performance)
Previous relevant experience working in rocket motor production environments
Familiar with the LM Space and Navy requirements and contracts and understanding the value proposition
Understanding of the Launch Vehicle market and the impact of the product on the market
Demonstrated leadership skills and experience
Demonstrated ability to lead program improvements with customer concurrence
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
Demonstrated Program Execution
General knowledge of financial systems
Experience leading teams
Ability to represent Navy Programs Director from time to time in internal executive settings and external customer interchanges
Experience managing discretionary budgets (IRAD, B&P, Marketing, Capital)
Experience running proposals and delegations
BS degree; Engineering discipline preferred
15 years experience
- Security clearance required
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Program Management
- Northrop Grumman Jobs