HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Registered Nurse CVPCU PRN in Margate, Florida
Registered Nurse, Cardiovascular Step-Down
Per Diem Northwest Medical Center Margate, FL
Northwest Medical Center is a 289-bed medical center and healthcare complex, continuously expanding and incorporating the latest technology in the delivery of care. Awarded the Gold Seal of Approval™ from the Joint Commission which indicates our high standards in performance providing the highest level of services to the population to our community. Northwest Medical Center is also certified by the Joint Commission as primary stroke center and an accredited chest pain center by the American College of Cardiology. We are recognized as a Comprehensive Bariatric Center of Excellence by the American College of Surgeons Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program.
Our facility continues growing to meet the needs of the community we serve and features expanded capabilities in emergency, critical care, as well as women’s and children’s services. Out state of the art maternity care includes the only Level III NICU in northern Broward County. The breadth and depth of these service lines translates to increased professional opportunities for our colleagues. We invite you to join a dynamic team of dedicated healthcare professionals and explore your grow potential.
The CV Stepdown RN manages the nursing care of critically ill patients in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
Carries out physician orders.
Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, and monitors vital signs.
Provides respiratory and ventilator management and monitoring for patients.
Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
Instructs and educates patients and families.
Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- FL RN Licensure, or
- Recognized Compact Licensure (subject to Florida State Licensing Requirements, including/not limited to ongoing eligibility and duration provisions)
- Must have at least 2-3 years experience as a CV Stepdown RN
- Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider
- Current certification as a ACLS Healthcare Provider
- Current certification as a PALS Healthcare Provider
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
Job: *Nursing - Professional
Title: Registered Nurse CVPCU PRN
Location: Florida-Margate-Northwest Medical Center - North Broward County
Requisition ID: 00456-7245