Lockheed Martin Software Engineering Manager in Marietta, Georgia
Description: This position, the AMMM Software Operations Manager, reports to the AMMM-F22 Sensors & Weapons Software Senior Manager, and will provide leadership, technical oversight, execution direction, and both cost and schedule performance of the AMMM Software Operations Team. As the Software Function within E&T evolves in it's organizational structure, this position will also evolve relative to roles and responsibilities.
Responsibilities include positive contract execution, including technical, budget and schedule, on all C-130, C-5 and P-3/S-3 programs. This position ensures the development of timely and valid quotes for all ECPs and Proposals. Provides direct support to Business Development, Business Ventures and ADP I&D in the pursuit and capture of new business and the execution of IRAD projects. Ensures the support and execution of all customer production, modification and sustainment contracts. Responsibilities also include work force management (re-assignments and placements, recruitment and selection of new employees and terminations) and personnel management (training, mentoring, career development, performance and compensation, and promotions).
The successful Software Operations Manager is one that will demonstrate and expand the organization’s culture of accountability, provide continuous coaching and learning, and communicate with intent in order to build/sustain high levels of team performance and deliver the desired results.
Must be a US citizen. This position requires special access and will require a Secret security clearance.
What’s In It For You
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
•Paid time off
•Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package here.
This position is in Marietta, GA Discover Marietta.
• A Bachelor's Degree in a STEM discipline or a technical background in software engineering or related field.
• Experience in software development.
•• Experience developing detailed plans in support of technical assignments.
• Experience on AMMM Platforms - C-130, P-3 and S-3
• Experience in conflict resolution, proactive communication, and building collaborative relationships.
• Excellent presentation skills and must be able to convey focused messages to internal senior leadership and external customers.
• Knowledge of Agile Software Development.
• Knowledge of UML, SysML, Rhapsody, C++, Java, Linux, Ada and/or DOORS.
• Experience working Advanced Development Programs (ADP) or similar programs, development through sustainment.
• Ability to work with different engineering disciplines to derive and decompose requirements.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Integration and test experience with large complex software systems.
• Experience testing and certifying safety-critical software.
• Experience with leading culture change within a very mature team
Experience in Project Management including Earned Value Management Systems (EVMS).
• Experience leading a multidisciplinary team.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs