Lockheed Martin Systems/Software Quality Engineer in Marietta, Georgia
COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employees, families and communities. With employee health and safety as our top priority, and as a federal contractor, Lockheed Martin is taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID variants pose in the workplace and ensuring we meet our commitments to national security.
To uphold safety for all employees, we will continue to request vaccination status for all Lockheed Martin employees including new hires. All current and newly hired employees who are unvaccinated will be required to adhere to onsite safety protocols.
Description: This requisition is for a Systems/Software Quality Engineer (Level-2) supporting the Training & Logistics Solutions (TLS) line of business for Lockheed Martin (LM) Rotary & Mission Systems (RMS) company in Marietta, GA. This position will interface directly with the program’s on-site Quality Lead and functionally report to the Training Support Solutions (TSS) Engineering Quality Manager. Since this is Level-2 Systems/Software Quality Engineering position, the individual must be able to work with moderate oversight, feel comfortable communicating to all levels of leadership (both internal & external) & have developed Quality Engineering skills. This position may require occasional business travel (both domestic & international).
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
• Assist in the identification of root causes and associated corrective & preventive actions, evaluate process/product performance (via internal audit), lead continuous improvement efforts, and participate/interface with the engineering community and customer (as required) on program activities to assure processes and products are compliant to contractual requirements
• Provide basic QA support for program peer reviews, regression testing, integration & test, and functional sell-off
• Assist with monthly inputs/metrics on the quality health of the program to the QPM
• Support quality efforts as an engaged member of the program’s change control process boards (ERC/CRB/CCB)
• Interface with Supplier Quality Engineering and Subcontractor Management, and other functions as necessary, to ensure program milestones progression & compliance
• Perform Independent Verification & Validation (IV&V) tasks and provide independent oversight of tasks critical to program success
• Bachelor of Science Degree in a Technical discipline
• Knowledgeable of Systems & Software Engineering requirements, design, integration and test activities
• Comfortable reviewing engineering drawings & process diagrams
• Understanding of system/software dependencies, process flow and development methodologies
• Basic understanding of Lean/Six Sigma (LSS) principles
• Basic understanding of Root Cause Analysis methodologies and development of corrective & preventive actions
• Excellent communication/written skills
• Ability to interface with program personnel, and customers (both internal and external)
• Ability to obtain Interim clearance prior to start
• Knowledgeable of Hardware Engineering requirements, design, integration and test activities
• Understanding of system/software dependencies, process flow & development methodologies
• Prior experience working with a military customer
• Prior quality engineering experience
• Prior internal audit experience
• Prior experience supporting BOE generation for ECPs and proposals for new work
• Familiarity with AS9100D and CMMI
• Knowledge of software design & coding techniques
• Knowledge of courseware development
Ability to obtain Interim secret clearance prior to start
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs