HCA, Hospital Corporation of America CT Technologist in McAllen, Texas
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
We value your contributions. Our employee recognition programs encourage our teams to raise the bar. We are currently seeking a CT Technologist to join our family. Come be a part of the change!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Rio Grande Regional Hospital– McAllen, Texas
CT Technologist – Imaging
Founded in 1982, Rio Grande Regional Hospital (RGRH) , an HCA-affiliated facility, is proud of maintaining its status as one of the leading healthcare providers in the Rio Grande Valley. For nearly 30 years, we have remained focused and committed to providing quality healthcare to all members of our community.
With 320 beds and a team of more than 500 physicians representing over 35 specialties, we offer a range of inpatient and outpatient medical, surgical, and specialty services, including:
- 24-hour emergency room
- Level III Trauma Center
- Comprehensive cardiovascular care
- The only pediatric heart program in the Valley
30-bed Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
What you will do in this role:
(CT Technologist) – Under the general direction of the Director and Manager of Imaging Services and the Supervisor of CT, the CT Technologist is responsible for the provision of computed tomographic radiographs to patients in accordance with physicians' orders.
The CT Technologist provides for patient safety and high quality testing.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills are required to interact with patient, physicians, visitors, and other staff members
- Prepares patients for CT exam, explains procedure and ensures technical quality.
- Ensures safe care to patients, adhering to policies, procedures, and standards.
- Demonstrates ability to accurately provide quality CT examinations in a timely manner.
- Is able to handle high volume, high stress situations.
- Has exceptional critical thinking skills and problem solving abilities.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education.
- Upholds the highest standards of customer service at all times (“customer” includes patients, family members, co-workers, referring physicians, etc.).
- Actively participates in P.I. activities established by the Imaging Department.
- Possesses knowledge of medical terminology sufficient to work accurately within the Imaging Department.
- Serves as a mentor and resource to less experienced staff/students.
Completes other tasks and activities as assigned.
What qualifications you will need:
Associates, Diploma or BSRT degree in Radiologic Technology
Previous experience in CT in a hospital setting is preferred. Education
Current registration with ARRT (American Registry of Radiologic Technologists)
- Advanced certification in CT
- Current licensure by the TMB as an MRT
Current verification of competency in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (BLS)
HCA Healthcare ranks on Fortune’s list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years and HCA ranks 63rd on the fortune 500 list. In addition Ethisphere named HCA as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies. We want you to join our tradition of excellence. Intrigued? We’d love to hear from you.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our recruiters . We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Title: CT Technologist
Location: Texas-McAllen-Rio Grande Regional Hospital
Requisition ID: 00372-7874