Hilton Senior Data Engineer in McLean, Virginia
From smartphone capabilities like Digital Key to connected rooms that allow for integrated entertainment, temperature, and lighting controls, Hilton’s Global Technology team is responsible for creating the hospitality experience of the future – for our guests, owners, and Team Members. Through innovative technology development and deployment, this team ensures Hilton has the technology needed to support our continued global growth while remaining at the forefront of hospitality technology innovation.
What will I be doing:
The Senior Data Engineer Data Architecture will apply their technical/business acuity to transform raw data into useful data systems and build a data architecture that supports Analytics, Data Science, Software Engineering, and our Compliance/Regulatory functions. In addition, you will build and optimize products that will position Hilton as an innovative industry leader and ensure the appropriate protections for our data.
- Follow technical specifications and product design from published requirements to perform development tasks.
- Develop sophisticated and innovative solutions that support revenue management, marketing, pricing, and management initiatives with limited oversite
- Utilize industry principles, methodologies, and tools throughout the application lifecycle to transform the design specifications into data pipelines that will address customer needs
- Define and execute testing strategies for these solutions to ensure they align with Hilton standards and provide the appropriate controls and safeguards to ensure the quality and security of our data
- Transition the final solutions to our Operations team for ongoing support by defining standard operating procedures and conducting knowledge transfer sessions.
- Solve production defects and assist the Operations team with short term mitigation strategies while you develop and implement long term solution
What are we looking for:
We believe the success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Develop ETL/ELT jobs (batch and real-time) for structured and unstructured data using Scala, Apache Spark, Apache Kafka, MapReduce, AWS Data Pipeline, AWS Glue, AWS EMR, Athena.
- Proficiency in Big Data, Hadoop, data lakes, and cloud services
- Experience in application development and strong object-oriented programming utilizing Scala, Java, or Python.
- Experience with both SQL and NoSQL databases such as Hive, AWS Redshift, Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, My SQL, and PostgreSQL
- Experience working with and crafting REST APIs
- Experience in performance tuning the database for large data sets
- Experience in requirement gathering, analysis, design, code review, and Unit and Integration testing
- Proficiency with unit testing frameworks and defining test cases
- Knowledge of the Hospitality, Financial, and Sales industries
- Experience with continuous integration and deployment (CI/CD) pipelines and their tools such as Bamboo, Nexus, etc.
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- Five (5) years of work experience in Technology or a related field
- Two (2) years of experience with Big Data technologies and platforms, including but not limited to AWS, Hadoop, Redshift, Spark, and Hive
- Two (2) years of experience with Java and/or Scala
- Two (2) years of software/platform design and implementation experience
It would be helpful in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Bachelor’s Degree, or Associate’s Degree plus seven (7 ) years of Technology related experience, or High School Degree/GED plus twelve (12 ) years of Technology related experience
- Seven (7 ) years of work experience in Technology or related field
- Experience with Talend or Informatica
*This position can be located in Memphis, TN; McLean, VA; or Remote except for within the state of Colorado.
What is it like working for Hilton?
Hilton is the world’s leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For over a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities, and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We will ensure that qualified individuals with protected disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions of his or her role, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Title: Senior Data Engineer
Requisition ID: COR0119X
- Hilton Jobs