Hilton Sr. UI Automated Test Engineer - SDET in Memphis, Tennessee
***This role will be based in Memphis, TN with a possibility of being Remote***
From smartphone capabilities like Digital Key to Hilton Smart Rooms that allow for integrated entertainment, temperature, and lighting controls, Hilton’s Global Technology team is responsible for creating the hospitality experience of the future – for our guests, owners, and Team Members. Through innovative technology development and deployment, this team ensures Hilton has the technology needed to support our continued global growth while remaining at the forefront of hospitality technology innovation.
What will I be doing?
As a Senior Quality Engineer, Software Development Engineer Test (SDET), you will act as a pivotal member of an Agile team. You will form positive partnerships and work closely with product owners, Front-End Developers and Backend Developers to drive a successful testing strategy. You will empower the delivery of quality software via test automation.
More specifically, you will:
- Partner with an Agile team alongside UI developers analyzing and understanding the application architecture and effectively deliver quality automation via Unit and End to End tests.
- Work with mock data tools like Mock Service Worker and GraphQL API layers.
- Analyze our continuous integration practices for improvement opportunities
- Build test reports and inform development process iteration
- Work with Git, Next, React, Tailwind, Cypress, Jest, Mock Service Worker.
- Coordinate and educate team members on test automation practices and test coverage.
- Develop and implement standards such as code coverage and quality processes in the development cycle e.g. using git hooks to carry out pre-commit workflows.
- Influence the inclusion of testability during design and development phases
- Collaborate with UI Software Engineers in carrying out projects by advising and implementing quality automation standards
- Participate in code reviews.
- Ensure compliance of quality processes and standards to include reporting.
What are we looking for?
The success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- A hard-working, individual with phenomenal interpersonal skills
- Experience finding opportunities to improve process flow among an enterprise level teams.
- Technically oriented individual, while still able to maintain consistent communication with surrounding business units.
To fulfill this role optimally, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- Three (3) years of professional experience in web development using modern technologies
- Two (2) years of experience with version control systems like Stash or GitHub.
- Experience with end-to-end testing tools such as Cypress.io, Webdriver.io.
- Two (2) years of experience with REST and GraphQL APIs.
- Experience with Unit testing tools like Jest or Enzyme.
It would be useful in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree, or Associate’s Degree (or equivalent) plus 2 years of Technology related
- Experience, or High School Degree/GED plus 3 years of Technology related experience
- Four (4) years of professional experience creating modern web applications using modern frameworks and toolsets.
- Exposure to large scale enterprise software products.
- Experience with assertion libraries like Chai or Expect.
- Experience with schema validation using libraries like Yup.
- Experience with web accessibility standards like A11Y.
- Experience with other tooling surrounding testing like Mock Service Worker.
- Experience with reporting tools like Mochawesome or Report Portal.
- Experience working with Docker or Yaml configuration files in relation to a CI process.
- Experience with cloud-hosted automation testing platforms like SauceLabs or CrossBrowserTesting.
What is it like working for Hilton?
The future of hospitality is bright at Hilton (https://www.hilton.com/en/): a leading global hospitality company with a diverse portfolio of world-class brands (https://jobs.hilton.com/us/en/brands) . Dedicated to filling the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality, we have welcomed more than 3 billion guests in our more than 100-year history. Hilton is proud to have an award-winning workplace culture, and we are consistently named among one of the World’s Best Workplaces.
We support the mental and physical wellbeing of all Team Members, so they can Thrive, thanks to innovative programs and benefits (https://jobs.hilton.com/us/en/benefits) such as workplace flexibility, career growth and development, and our Go Hilton travel discount program. Hilton prioritizes understanding and integrating our Team Members’ unique perspectives and voices—along with those of our Guests, Owners, Suppliers, and Partners—to cultivate a diverse and inclusive (https://jobs.hilton.com/us/en/diversity-home2) environment for all. Check out the Hilton Careers blog (https://jobs.hilton.com/us/en/blog) and Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/hiltoncareers/) to learn more about what it’s like to be on Team Hilton!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We will ensure that qualified individuals with protected disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions of his or her role, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
For Colorado applicants only: The annual salary range for this role starts at $62,500 and is based on applicable and specialized experience and location. Hilton offers its eligible team members a comprehensive benefits package including medical and prescription drug coverage, dental coverage, vision coverage, life insurance, short-and long-term disability insurance, a 401(k) savings plan, paid time off, and our travel discount. Subject to plan terms and conditions, you will be eligible to participate in the Hilton Annual Incentive (Bonus) Plan consistent with other team members at the same level and/or position within the Company.
Title: Sr. UI Automated Test Engineer - SDET
Requisition ID: COR011XJ
- Hilton Jobs