Ingersoll Rand Dealer Business Systems Leader in MINNEAPOLIS, Minnesota
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car® , Ingersoll Rand® , Thermo King® , Trane® , American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® - work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit www.ingersollrand.com .
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
Thermo King Corporation has a tremendous employment opportunity for a Dealer/Channel Business Systems Leader. This position will report directly to the Dealer Development leader to support all dealer facing business system activities serving as the business liaison to IT for over 180 dealer locations across North America that support a $1 Billion Thermo King North America business. This unique position will require business acumen, dealer/channel knowledge and IT experience and will have a position in the Dealer Advisory Council (DAC). The Dealer Business Systems Leader will support key business systems updates, enhancements, new development as well as critical reporting functions that support dealer/channel excellence. This critical role will interact directly with dealers and key business functions (IT, sales, service, aftermarket, customer service) to provide business system support and development that makes it easier and more efficient for our dealers and customers to do business with Thermo King.
- Work directly with dealers and key business functional owners with all dealer facing business systems to maintain, improve and develop key business system and programs and service as the liaison with IT for successful support and implementation.
- Provide critical dealer reporting and program implementations to improve channel efficiency that help deliver over $1 billion in total revenue for Thermo King North America.
- Partner with Ingersoll Rand IT on identified projects to ensure critical TK and Dealer business needs are met with minimal disruption to the dealer channel and to provide dealer “project implementation” communication and training support.
- Lead “ad hoc” cross functional teams with key business functional leaders to support identified projects and programs.
- Work strategically with the DAC (Dealer Advisory Council) to identify key IT support functions and business systems enhancements that promote the evolution of the channel to the “dealer of the future”.
- Identify and improve inefficient business systems and processes that make it difficult for our dealers and customers to do business with Thermo King to improve the customer experience.
- Bring new ideas and resources to the dealers through the dealer development team that improve TK and Dealer processes and eliminate waste through a lean business excellence approach to business systems.
A 4 year degree or equivalent IT certification levels and 5 years’ experience in an information technology role. A critical requirement for this role is to be able to liaison with IT and clearly communicate the “business needs” effectively. The ideal candidate is someone with a strong technical/IT background with the desire to gain exposure to the business functions and channel/dealer development. Must have the ability to work with multiple platforms including Oracle Apps R-12, OBI (Oracle Business Intelligence, CRMOD, SQL, HTML Web Services, etc. Non-technical skills required include process mapping,requirements gathering, working with cross functional global teams and vendor management.
Interpersonal Influence Uses basic influence skills in addressing needs and concerns of others, especially in cross functional situations. Able to lead “ad hoc” teams and work with independent distribution channel partners successfully.
Problem Solving/ Decision Making
Approaches resolution of business challenges systematically and with determination. Able to identify problems and in-efficiencies and through a thorough understanding of the business make sound decisions with minimal disruption to the dealer channel.
Applies conflict-resolution skills to achieve win-win results for all parties. Actively solicits input from the people affected by a conflict to gain their cooperation and buy-in. Uses a collaborative approach in resolving conflicts.
Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of processes, systems and controls. Basic understanding of products with a high level of competency on supporting business systems.
Applies advanced negotiating principles and practices. Must have the ability to learn the dealer business model and can effectively negotiate with both dealers and internal business functional leaders to be successful.
Builds collaborative relationships with dealers, internal business functions and IT.
Computer Systems Proficiency
High level of competency in computer systems, IT, and applications. Must be able to work across multiple platforms and effectively communicate business needs to IT as well as communicate technical issues to the non-technical business function and dealer body.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: MINNEAPOLIS-Minnesota
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Jun 13, 2018, 9:41:42 AM