Cardinal Health Warehouse Associate II (3rd Shift) in Montgomery, New York
Your safety is our top priority. We regularly consult with medical professionals on best practices in COVID-19 prevention to protect our employees. We train our employees on these best practices and regularly clean our sites in accordance with CDC guidelines. Please note: All individuals entering our facilities are required to complete a self-health check, wear a mask and follow all posted guidelines.
SIGN ON BONUS: $500 Paid out after 90 days of employment
Hours: Monday-Friday 7p-3:30a(No Weekends) Third Shift
Pay: $16.25 + $1.50 shift differential(Experienced based pay)
What Warehouse Operations contributes to Cardinal Health
Warehouse Operations is responsible for performing/controlling a combination of manual or automated tasks necessary for the receipt, storage, and shipment of product. This may include functions of receiving, picking, packing, shipping, staging, transporting, storage, delivery, etc. Also responsible for the efficient flow of products from the point of product receipt from vendors to the shipment of products (via prescribed service parameters) to a variety of internal and external customers.
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies acquired knowledge and skills to complete standard tasks
- Readily learns and applies new information and methods to work in assigned area
- Maintains appropriate licenses, training and certifications
- Works on routine assignments that require some problem resolution
- Works within clearly defined standard operating procedures and/or scientific methods
- Adheres to all quality guidelines
- Works under moderate degree of supervision
- Work typically involves regular review of output by work lead or supervisor
- Refers complex unusual problems to supervisor
You'll be expected to learn to safely operate an order picker up to levels of 30 feet and walkie riders or other materials handling equipment to correctly pick hospital supply orders. This involves using handheld or on-board RF computers, lifting cases of various weights throughout the shift, and mandatory overtime as needed to complete all the hospital's orders for that day. You'll be expected to learn to correctly combine product and load trailers with shipments for hospitals. You'll also be expected to be at work and on time every day.
Accountabilities in this role
- Responsible for cross-training in multiple areas of the warehouse including Inbound, ValueLink and Outbound
- Receive large boxes on warehouse dock, scan product with RF scanner, and input product information into computer
- Break down cases of product and operate heavy equipment to replenish warehouse
- Palletize large items to skid and wrap for shipment
- Pack small items in boxes
- Drive material handling equipment as required by job duty. Example equipment in the facility includes: order picker (cherry picker), forklift, reach truck, pallet jack, and walkie rider
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- 1 - 2 years related experience preferred
- Previous material handling equipment experience (MHE) preferred
- Radio frequency (RF) scanner and/or voice to pick experience highly preferred
- Ability to consistently lift 50 Ibs and be able to bend, reach, stoop, lift and stand for entire shift of 8 hours or more required
- Must be able to work overtime with little to no advance notice
- Willingness to learn to operate material handling equipment and rotate into various areas of the warehouse
- Work at heights up to 25 feet consistently
- Adherence to site safety regulations including wearing required personal protective equipment such as steel toed safety shoes, and material handling equipment safety harness; accountable to Cardinal Health’s EHS as well as QRA policies and procedures.
- Aptitude to work in a fast paced distribution environment while meeting hourly established distribution quotas and performance standards
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
To read and review this privacy notice click here (https://www.cardinalhealth.com/content/dam/corp/email/documents/corp/cardinal-health-online-application-privacy-policy.pdf)
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
- Cardinal Health Jobs