Lockheed Martin Modeling & Simulation Analyst in Mount Laurel, New Jersey
Description: The Modeling & Simulation Analyst for the Long Range Discrimination Radar (LRDR) will use mathematical models and simulation to provide system of system level analysis to support assessment of the Ballistic Missile Defense System (BMDS). Support all integration efforts including Ground Tests, Flight Tests, digital integration tests, and pairwise testing.
Job Responsibilities will include:
- Demonstrate understanding of the adversary threat systems, including differences in CONOPS, kinematics and radar return signatures.
- Demonstrate understanding of each mission area within the analysis plan.
- Evaluate, recommend and implement systems analysis processes.
- Develop and/or advance LRDR analysis scripts / tools in support of the LRDR to C2BMC interface; Track and discrim reporting, object tasking, state transitions, search and cue volumes, hit assessment, message interchange behavior, etc.
- Support Technical Interchange Meetings / Working groups to evaluate system design, present findings and adjudicate issues.
- Run the LRDR model and demonstrate understanding how the Model works.
- Read C++ and run code in debugger.
- Handle reported technical issues through to closure by working closely with cross departmental leadership.
- Support executive reviews.
- Develop formal analysis reports.
- Review, update and build scripts in Matlab/Python to extract and/or plot Model performance metrics.
- BS Degree in Mathematics, Physics, Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Systems Engineering or other related Engineering/Science field
- Minimum 2 years relevant experience
- Experience with root cause analysis and methods of applied mathematics
- Proficiency with MATLAB and Python.
- Experience with debugging and computer system performance analysis tools
- Ability to acquire & maintain a secret security clearance which requires US citizenship.
- Ability to work in fast paced, Agile development environment
COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employees, families and communities. With employee health and safety as our top priority, and as a federal contractor, Lockheed Martin is taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID variants pose in the workplace and ensuring we meet our commitments to national security.
As directed by Executive Order 14042: Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, effective December 8, 2021, Lockheed Martin will require all newly hired employees, in the United States, must be fully vaccinated before their start date.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs