Lockheed Martin Moorestown, NJ - Model & Simulation Software Developer Associa in Mount Laurel, New Jersey
COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employees, families and communities. With employee health and safety as our top priority, and as a federal contractor, Lockheed Martin is taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID variants pose in the workplace and ensuring we meet our commitments to national security.
As directed by Executive Order 14042: Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, all current and newly hired employees, in the United States, are required to be fully vaccinated by January 18, 2022.
Description: At Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems, we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach – and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training and education. Come and experience your future!
Associate Member of the Engineering Staff
Modeling, Simulation & Analysis Software Engineer
A candidate in this position is expected to:
• Be responsible for software architecture/design and development of new modeling capabilities for various discrete event simulation products
• Contribute to and use models of real-world weapons, radars, C2 systems, and communication networks
• Integrate existing and new third-party models into the simulation framework
• Facilitate the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints
• Perform functional analysis, timeline analysis, requirements allocation, and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications
• Perform unit and integration testing of simulation models
• Independently identify and address system and software defects
- Bachelor degree in science, engineering, math or a related field
- Modeling and simulation or software engineering experience
- Familiarity in C++ programming and associated OOP paradigms
- Familiarity with Python scripting (Anaconda)
- Demonstrated ability to practice sound software engineering discipline
- Experience with debugging and computer system performance analysis tools
- Basic understanding of Monte Carlo and distributed simulation techniques
- Willingness to travel when needed
- Must be able to obtain & maintain a DOD Secret security clearance
- Proficient with Linux, C/C++, Python, and MATLAB
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and decompose complex problems and formulate solutions
- Understanding of the Agile software development process
- Understanding of basic data analytics and machine learning
- Ability to be a team player to build consensus among peers and build effective relationships with multiple customers
Ability to work in fast paced, Agile development environment
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage change, identify issues, and work with stakeholders to develop solutions
- Ability to inspire confidence and lead others to complete challenging software related tasks
-2.5 GPA or higher is preferred but not required
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
4 yr and up College
- Lockheed Martin Jobs