Lockheed Martin Systems Engineer Associate Manager in Mount Laurel, New Jersey
COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employees, families and communities. With employee health and safety as our top priority, and as a federal contractor, Lockheed Martin is taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID variants pose in the workplace and ensuring we meet our commitments to national security.
As directed by Executive Order 14042: Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, all current and newly hired employees, in the United States, are required to be fully vaccinated by January 18, 2022.
Description: This position is for a Systems Engineering Manager working for the C3 Systems Engineering organization at RMS, Moorestown. This manager will provide leadership and functional management for approximately 18 engineers who support many different programs all at different development phases from early concepts to support of deployed systems.
The Manager is responsible for personnel and resource management including:
• Assign direct reports work tasks, collect feedback and provide performance appraisals, assist with career planning, and identify training development for direct reports.
• Define, communicate and coordinate staffing priorities as well as funding requirements with the appropriate project leads.
• Fosters career development and employee growth as: Technical contributors, program leads, functional leaders, and future business leaders
• Fosters employee feedback, recognition, and engagement
• Proactively communicates with all constituents
• Ensures flow-down of tactical information and strategic vision
In addition to personnel and resource management, the manager will be responsible for the leadership necessary to pro-actively identify and resolve issues that may impact the ability to achieve Mission Success. The individual will be engaged in program activities across the full development life cycle, ensuring the appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools are applied on assigned programs. Duties also include:
• Guides resolution of technical issues across programs within technical discipline
• Ensures cost, schedule and technical commitments are met for all programs and products
• Ensures appropriate BOE’s are applied, risks and opportunities identified, and approves cost estimates
• Deploys engineering subject matter experts, best practices, and reuse of product, component, and infrastructure across RMS
• Provides technology linkage and knowledge sharing across line of business
• Manages staffing and resource allocation across programs to meet technical, cost and schedule
• BS in EE, SE, Computer Science/Engineering, Physics or equivalent, MS or PhD strongly preferred.
• Minimum 8 years relevant experience
• Experience in leading small to medium sized teams, architecture, concept development, analysis, design, system integration, and trade studies.
• Understanding of systems engineering processes, definition, and allocation of system requirements.
• Experience in risk management including identification, mitigation and tracking.
• Full spectrum leader with demonstrated experience and ability in leading teams.
• Secret level clearance
• Cost account manager (CAM) and Earned Value Management (EVM) experience
• Cost estimation / BOE experience
• Demonstrated strong mentoring capabilities
• Strong oral and written communications skills.
• Demonstrated interpersonal, team-building skills, strong work ethic and self-motivation.
• Demonstrated ability to continuously learn and enhance skills.
• Must show a strong desire and ability to understand a broad range of program activities
• Must be a proven self-starter with demonstrated capability to proactively work through difficult technical, project and resource challenges
• Must be capable of assessing performance of direct reports
• Must be capable of setting expectations and goals for direct reports
• Must show the desire and ability to conduct effective career development and planning with direct reports
• Must be capable of matching career opportunities to desires and goals of direct reports
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs