Lockheed Martin Inspector - F35 - 2nd Shift in NAS Pax River, Maryland
Description: Must be able to initially achieve an Interim Secret and ultimately a Secret Security Clearance.
This position is part of the Quality Assurance Support Team for the F-35 Flight Test Program at NAS Patuxent River, MD and will be responsible for completing all required inspections associated with on-aircraft maintenance, repair and modification. The inspector inspects/verifies work for quality, completeness, proper function, and adherence to processes, procedures and specifications; and inspects material review items for acceptability after disposition has been completed. The position requires accurate and detailed descriptions of non-compliant conditions to facilitate efficient Material Review decisions. Performs final inspection and makes final acceptance of vehicle for release to flight status. May perform surveillance inspection and other related inspection assignments incidental to the primary duties.
- Eight years Aviation Maintenance with Quality Control/Assurance experience; minimum 3 years’ of experience in aircraft ground operations on an active flight line.
- Experience reading and interpreting engineering drawings/specifications/maintenance instructions and apply their intent for evaluating any deviations from specifications to determine acceptability of operations.
- Experience with FOD/Tool Control, as well as understanding of HAZMAT, Hydraulic Fluid Contamination, Safety, Maintenance Information Systems, and Training programs.
- Experience conducting audits, in progress and after the fact inspections and compose reports and correspondence as necessary in the performance of assigned duties.
- Experience using precision measuring tools and inspection instruments, equipment or combinations of such items required to accomplish verification of conformance to technical data and support documentation of nonconforming conditions.
- General working knowledge of AS9100 standards and process knowledge of quality documentation, statement of condition, nonconforming material, and process/product auditing and surveillance techniques.
- Specific Flight Test experience highly preferred working in a fast-paced environment.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs