Lockheed Martin CNC Machinist in New Orleans, Louisiana
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space. Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing people are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems.
If you are a hardworking, self-starter, eager to learn in a dynamic environment, come join our team. The Lockheed Martin Michoud Facility in New Orleans, LA is looking for a CNC Machinist .
Key Duties for this position will include:
Operate computer numerically controlled (CNC) machine tools, such as lathes and milling machines, to cut and produce precision parts for machines, instruments, and tools. Repair or produce parts using both manual and automated equipment with precise measurements. Ensure effective production operations and optimize processes.
Typically has 3 years of professional experience.
Benefits of Employment:
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
• Experience creating efficient CNC programs from engineering drawings and/or 3D models using MasterCAM.
• Experience with operating numerous shop machines including manual mills, manual lathes, computer numerically controlled (CNC) mills, and lathes.
• Shop level knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T).
• Knowledge of proper speeds and feeds for cutting tools and materials being cut.
• Proficient in CNC equipment setup using best shop practices.
• Capable of manually operating machine shop equipment.
• Knowledge of machine shop inspection tools.
• Proficient in math.
• Basic computer skills.
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and perform repetitive tasks.
• Review samples, drawings or instructions to understand specifications of output.
• Plan the sequence of necessary actions for the completion of a job.
• Select appropriate machines (e.g. lathes) and position or load material for a job.
• Monitor machine while working to adjust the feed, maintain temperature and identify issues.
• Determine and program size of batches and speed of machine.
• Monitor output to ensure consistency with specifications and discard defects.
• Perform routine machine maintenance and repair minor damages.
• Strong attention to detail, accuracy, and safety.
• Solid written and verbal communication skills.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs