American Express Senior Manager, Marketing in New York, New York
The Customer Marketing team within US Consumer Services is responsible for the strategy, development and execution of marketing to existing US Card Members within the Consumer Card portfolio. Within Customer Marketing, The Consumer Re-Engagement Team is responsible for managing the retention strategies for all US Consumer Card products and re-engaging at-risk Card Members. The team oversees the Inbound Telemarketing retention channel and partners with the inbound call centers to improve call effectiveness, channel performance and provide the best customer experience for our Card Members. With a strong focus on innovating, developing and deploying strategies to preempt, prevent and curb spend and account attrition, this is a great opportunity for a candidate who wants to join a fast-paced and evolving team. The Consumer Re-Engagement team has undergone an evolution over the past few years to expand our scope from solely retaining Card Members to advancing a more proactive Re Engagement strategy.
This Sr. Manager will be critical in defining how to share the team’s wealth of Re Engagement insights with our partners across the enterprise. These insights are designed to influence marketing and product partners to build new and better campaigns, products and treatments. In addition, the Sr Manager will analyze and manage new Re Engagement expansion opportunities, include launching new channels, next generation offers, targeting, and advancing a test & learn mindset.
Primary areas of responsibility:
* Define Retention strategy, manage campaign execution deliverables and monitor channel performance for Consumer product portfolios * Lead the ideation and development of Re-Engagement Insights curriculum, to share insights from the Retention channel and consult partners on attrition prevention, spend erosion and other at risk strategies. * Facilitate strategic relationships across the enterprise to influence marketing offers, product messaging, benefit hierarchy, and targeting models (working closely withGlobal Services Group, Product Management, Finance, Enterprise Data and Analytics, Compliance and others) * Own relationship with external creative and analytics agency partners, managing communications, initiatives and invoice management * Collaborate with other customer marketing channel owners to optimize customer experience across the lifecycle * Lead high-performing direct report Requires advanced knowledge of the principles and practices within a marketing field or recognized body of formal knowledge. This includes knowledge required for complex problems, new project and system development, strategic analysis, etc. Plans for the effective development and implementation of longer-term marketing projects. Requires work prioritization, forecasting, scheduling and coordinating resources within assigned projects. Conducts decision support analysis tasks. Major projects are reviewed in terms of achieving goals, generally over an extended period of time.
Why American Express? There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express. Don’t make a difference without it. Don’t live life without it.
- 3years of marketing experience; Telemarketing or operations a plus, but not required
- Passion for the Card Member, our products, and the brand
- Ability to build relationships with and inspire diverse groups of people, from call center agents to senior leaders and internal partners
- Ability to develop or evolve strategy, project manage implementation end-to-end, and move between big picture and tactical details
- Strong communication and analytical skills with an ability to understand data, develop insights, and communicate recommendations to all types of audiences
- Creative solutions oriented when faced with ambiguous situations
- Ability to rigorously prioritize and adjust to changing priorities
- Self-motivated, energetic and positive with a team-player mindset
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Title: Senior Manager, Marketing
Location: New York-New York
Requisition ID: 20000531
- American Express Jobs