MasterCard Senior Software Development Engineer in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Software Development Engineer
As part of an exciting, fast paced environment developing digital identity and security solutions in the mobile and e-commerce space, this position will provide technical expertise within the development lifecycle for new products and services.
Digital Identity: Everything you need to prove you are you is right in your pocket! Digital Identity is a digital wallet for holding personally identifiable information, such as Driver's License and Passport. Digital Identity ensures you are in control of your information and will only release it upon your consent. Digital Identity is an important asset, and Mastercard ID Service helps to keep it in your control.
• Are you interested in re-defining how MasterCard does digital identity today?
• Have you ever brought a product to market on a global scale?
• Are you motivated to stay on cutting edge of technology?
• Java developer for major new initiatives targeting Digital Identity Solutions.
• Responsible for the analysis, design, development and delivery of software solutions
• Defines requirements for new applications and customizations, adhering to standards, processes and best practices
• Works closely with architects, developers, analysts, and project managers as well as business partners / product managers and other MasterCard technology teams.
• Deliver innovative, cost effective technology solutions which align to enterprise architecture standards and achieve business requirements.
• Estimate and plan new efforts
All About You
The ideal candidate would have the following skills:
• Advanced Java development skills
• Advanced skills and knowledge of Hibernate, Spring, Java 1.8/11.
• Experience working with Junit/Mockito/Spring Test
• Self-motivated with the ability to accomplish tasks with minimal direction
• Experience mentoring providing technical support to junior team members
• Experience managing projects/initiatives as either an individual contributor or leading a small team
• Ability to innovate and develop new approaches to complex design problems
• Basic security knowledge (TLS, Encryption, hashing)
The ideal candidate may also possess some of these secondary skills:
• Experience with NoSQL databases
• Experience with JBehave / Cucumber BDD testing
• Knowledge of Azure and/or PCF
• iOS/Android Development
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-120743