HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Pharmacy Technician I PRN in Okeechobee, Florida
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Come be a part of the change! Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
Raulerson Hospital is a 100-bed acute care hospital committed to serving Okeechobee and the surrounding communities with patient-centered care. In 2019, Raulerson Hospital celebrates 40 years of providing quality healthcare services, including: Emergency Care, Orthopedics, Gastroenterology, Critical Care, Inpatient and Outpatient Surgery, Physical, Occupational & Speech Therapy, Radiology, Occupational Health and more.
Our Pharmacy Tech PRN position is perfect for individuals who are interested in supplementing their income while gaining valuable experience with one of the largest healthcare systems in the country. As full or part-time opportunities come available in the department, PRN staff can apply and grow with us! Many current full-time employees started out as PRN! Benefits of working PRN: * As needed schedule/flexible * Earn while you learn new skills * 401K eligible (with company match) * Save money on everyday purchases with HCA Healthcare’s Consumer Discount program * Opportunity to transfer to full or part-time positions as they come available!
We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity!
As a Pharmacy Technician PRN,you will be responsible for accurately performing all advanced and basic pharmacy technician functions in a timely manner. In addition, they may be responsible for performing duties associated with Automated Dispensing Cabinets and other specialized duties as assigned by the pharmacy management team.
* Procures and distributes medications orders per physician request, pharmacist request, or prearranged work assignment according to established policies, procedures, and protocols.
* Accurately prepackages medications following departmental procedures. * Prepare Sterile products to include: chemotherapy/hazardous drugs,parenteral products, sterile eye drops, irrigation solution and other sterile products * Delivers medications and supplies to patient care and ancillary areas accurately per established schedule. * Controlled substances are accurately dispensed with proper documentation. * Counting discrepancies and suspected diversion is immediately brought to the attention of a pharmacist. * Maintains adequate stock of medications and supplies according to established policies and procedures.
* Assist in ordering, receiving, unpacking, and storing pharmaceuticals and supplies in appropriate locations
What qualifications you will need:
- High school graduate or GED Required
- 2 years of related pharmacy tech experience, preferred
- PTCB Certification, preferred
- Applicable State Board of Pharmacy Registration, required.
We believe excellent people make this excellence happen. If this sounds like the type of meaningful work you’d like to be a part of, we encourage you to apply! Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job: *Pharmacy & Pharmacy Tech
Title: Pharmacy Technician I PRN
Location: Florida-Okeechobee-Raulerson Hospital - Okeechobee
Requisition ID: 08751-23601