Ricoh Americas Corporation Data Loss Prevention Analyst in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Responsible for the daily support of site-specific network and workstation operating systems, workstation connectivity, and end-user applications. This position is a liaison between general users and serves as an advisor for the Help Desk Manager and IT staff at the client-site. Tests new or enhanced applications or hardware including system enhancements and provides feedback to the Help Desk Manager as well as the Client Site Manager of User Support. Responds to end user or management support requests, with the primary focus being customer service and the ability to help, regardless of whether the problem is technical, user error, or training. Responsible for thoroughly documenting all relevant information to the support request ticket in the Help Desk Database as well as for assisting with the documentation of SOP's for troubleshooting support requests. This individual is typically an anchor for the team to utilize prior to escalating support request to a higher tier of support
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Daily support of site-specific network and workstation operating systems, workstation connectivity, workstation and peripheral hardware, and end-user applications.
- Responds to escalated support requests as well as end user support requests and resolves the requests in a timely, accurately, and professional manner.
- Escalates the support request to a higher Tier of support if the request cannot be resolved in a timeframe that meets the end users needs.
- Listen, Understand, Communicate, and then Deliver Support to the end user.
- Continuously informs the end user and/or the Associate Engineer on the progress of the resolution.
- When instructed by IT or the Help Desk Manager, the Applications Analyst keeps end users informed of any major problems or scheduled down times as he/she provides support.
- Projects a professional image and attitude at all times.
- Test new or enhanced applications including systems enhancements and provides feedback to the Help Desk Manager as well as the Client Site Manager of User Support.
- Provides end users with detailed remote access knowledge
- Documents complete trouble-shooting information.
- Provides support and guidance to Associate Applications Analyst and Desktop Support Technicians in respect to complex network issues, studies, and analysis.
- Keeps the Help Desk Manager and IT aware of end-user issues that appear to constitute a trend or common occurrence among users, whether IT staff or end users
- Maintains focus on the pulse of applications or hardware and makes recommendations for improvement to the Help Desk Manager and Client-Site Management
- Liaison between IT management, helpdesk and general user population
- Represents RICOH at IT meetings, Vendor-sponsored conferences and informational seminars
- Trains Engineers and Associates Engineers on respect to Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Operating Systems, Mail Systems and site-specific configurations
- Resident expert for applications in the client's environment, who is intimately familiar with site specific corporate knowledge
- Composes, edits, and reviews policy documents for both RICOH and client-site management.
- Devises and implements time-saving devices including shortcuts, batch files, and sample documents
- Writes Instructional materials that improve and or implement policy.
- Initiates work-around to be used to aid the end users while a permanent solution is being sought.
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office applications at the MOUS Expert level
- Perceives, documents, and provides solutions for systematic shortcomings in applications, operating systems, mail systems, as well as hardware inadequacies.
- Fully documents written instructions for operational solutions and publishes them for use by other help desk, trainer, and/or document processing personnel.
- Maintains cutting edge knowledge in applications
- Evaluates accessory tools and applications to assist viewing, converting or writing files to or from applications not used directly by Client-site personnel for use by help desk, trainer, and/or document processing personnel.
- Assists the Help Desk Manager by monitoring activities of Associate Engineers for accuracy and completeness, correcting where necessary.
- Be a role model of productivity, efficiency, and maturity for help desk personnel.
- Assists the Site Manager with the evaluation of prospective new hires
- Educates team for existing and new and former technologies
- Assures consistency of solutions delivered by help desk staff
QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience, and Certifications)
- High School Diploma
- Secondary School Degree Preferred
- Technical Training & Certifications a plus (i.e.: A+, NETWORK +, MCP, MCSE, MOUS)
- Experience as a stand-up trainer
- Experience in a legal environment preferred
- IT Help Desk support experience (application & hardware support)
- Five years of industry experience
Ricoh is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer -- Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled.
Ricoh Americas Corporation
- Ricoh Americas Corporation Jobs