Lockheed Martin Controls Engineer Sr / Clearwater, FL in Oldsmar, Florida
Description: Lockheed Martin is looking for a Process Automation Engineer. You will be responsible for the development, design, programming, testing, and commissioning of industrial control systems. We are looking for an engineer with experience working in a factory environment. The Automation Engineer will be self-directed and is expected to work on several different tasks—drafting, design, programming, etc. The Clearwater facility is responsible for manufacturing and assembling circuit card, cable and harness assemblies for 50+ programs. Our facility invests in new and automated equipment to maximize quality and efficiency. Our facility has a highly flexible automated circuit card assembly process including localized wave solder, robotic solder, 3D solder paste inspection, automated optical inspection, and automated X-Ray inspection. After assembling our circuit cards we environmentally protect them utilizing a fully automated, double sided conformal coating work cell. We are continuously striving to increase machine-to-machine communication throughout our automated lines. We have significant investments in braiding, shielding, and sleeving preparation equipment for support of our cable and harness manufacturing. We continue to push the limits of automated electro-mechanical assembly and are looking for the right candidate to deploy systems. Candidate must provide a portfolio of previously designed automated systems for a manufacturing environment. After the interview, the Candidate will be asked to spend the day doing a Gemba walk and asked to highlight automation opportunity areas in the factory at the end of the day.
• Minimum B.S. Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or related technical degree. Experience may supersede degree requirement.
• Accountability for complete project execution including team leadership, component selection, control panel engineering, general robotics, PLC and HMI programming, and site start-up support of integrated systems. Evaluate company proposal and customer project/equipment specifications in order to determine optimal machine control architecture.
• Assist in both internal and customer acceptance testing of subject equipment.
• Support of projects in the field as required inclusive of installation, secondary acceptance testing, and startup support/training.
• Requires excellent analytical and problem-solving skills to be applied in design, installation, commissioning, and troubleshooting of packaging lines, process systems, and software systems.
• This position requires the ability to successfully execute multiple project responsibilities with minimal supervision.
• High energy, self-motivated and directed. Work well in a team environment and brings a “can do” positive attitude to the rest of the team
• Independently performs difficult engineering tasks to completion that may include a variety of complex features, conflicting design requirements, unusual materials requirements, and the need to coordinate the work of others.
• Written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate with executives
• Candidates need to possess excellent communication, organizational, interpersonal skills, and the ability to process confidential information
• The ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Experience with CAD Programs such as Fusion 360
• Related automation experience with HMI, PLC’s (e.g. Siemens, Allen Bradley, Rockwell etc.) and general control system design.
• Prior experience working with and designing electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic control systems.
• Prior experience with linear motion systems and the corresponding programming.
• Familiarity with vision inspection equipment (Cognex or similar) and the corresponding software (VisionPro)
• Prior working level experience with PLC /HMI selection and installation is a requirement
• Robotic programming experience with Universal Robot Systems
• Experience with Allen-Bradley (ControlLogix, CompactLogix, PLC5, SLC500) PLCs, PanelView/PanelviewPlus HMIs, Industrial Communication Networks (Ethernet, EthenetI/P, DeviceNet, DH+, etc.) is required a plus.
• Troubleshoot automated material handling equipment (i.e., motors, scanners, VFDs, photo eyes, encoders, etc.) and other electrical control equipment
• Use AutoCAD to review, develop and maintain electrical schematic and conveyor layout drawings. Writing operations manuals for developed systems
• Experience with 3D printer Systems
• Ability to travel
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs