HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Lead Medical Technologist Trauma in Orange Park, Florida
$7,500 SIGN ON & RELOCATION ASSISTANCE AVAILABLE!
We are seeking a hospital-based Medical Technologist, Trauma Lead like you to join our organization.
Orange Park Medical Center is a 317 bed, full-service regional tertiary facility serving Clay County and its surrounding communities.As part of the HCA family, the largest healthcare provider in the world, Orange Park Medical Center provides the opportunity to develop your career alongside more than 1,500 team members and 750 physicians on staff. Specializing in advanced robotics, open heart, maternity/delivery, pediatric and adult services and a dozen other major service lines.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. We offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- o Student Loan Repayment o Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs o Paid Personal Leave o 401k (100% annual match – 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service) o Identity Theft Protection discounts o Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options o Adoption Assistance o Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP) You Will:
- Serve as the primary laboratory point of contact for the facility trauma team
- Coordinate all blood bank and laboratory diagnostic services to support facility trauma cases
- Maintains current knowledge of external and internal quality indicators and standards and appropriately communicates quality metrics to staff
- Reports any identified quality issues throughout the lab
- Analyze proficiency testing samples
- Assumes responsibility of the department as appropriate in the absence of the supervisor
- Performs stat procedures within established turnaround time targets
- Reviews pending logs (OSR) and result logs; resolves any outstanding workload or communicates to staff relief
- Performs quality control procedures per protocol
- Receives the daily shipment of blood products
- Check temperature and compare the list against all the blood product numbers
- Create an expiration list report; places units by expiration date
You Should Have: * A 2-Year/Associate Degree in Science is required * A 4-Year/Bachelor Degree in Medical Technology is preferred * A State of Florida Technologist License OR the ability to obtain a license during the interview process * 3-5 years of experience in blood banking/immunohematology, chemistry, and hematology * Ability to work during disasters HCA Healthcare Ranks on Fortune’s list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years. In addition, we have also been named one of Ethisphere’s World’s Most Ethical Companies. * * If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply today. We promptly review all applications, and are actively interviewing. We are very excited to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Title: Lead Medical Technologist Trauma
Location: Florida-Orange Park-Orange Park Medical Center
Requisition ID: 23437-10391